Any other Ancient Astronauts believers ?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Downloaded the entire Ancient Alien series (was aired on History Channel) and it does have some pretty good evidence to suggest that all religeons were formed from interaction between primitive man and alien space travellers.

Not only can I recommend this series (6 episodes of 90 minutes each) for a good watch, but it does make one think. Personally I remain agnostic as there are no evidence proving or disproving the existence of gods, the ancient astronaut theory makes it easier to explain why todays religions exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts

No, sorry the best evidence for religions, I suggest Dan Dennett's Breaking the Spell. That shows by evolutionary means how religions came about, and it's testable, something AA can not do.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Interesting take on it, but on its own you'd be hard pressed to find something wrong with AA. The evidence is there and it comes from all over the world based on experiences of disconnected cultures.

Think of it this way - how on earth could Maria get pregnant with out sex? Unless of course that angel that appeared to her was an alien that did a bit of artificial insemination.

I am Penguin

Executive Member
No, sorry the best evidence for religions, I suggest Dan Dennett's Breaking the Spell. That shows by evolutionary means how religions came about, and it's testable, something AA can not do.
An atheist reply? To be expected. Did I say something about open minds?

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Interesting take on it, but on its own you'd be hard pressed to find something wrong with AA. The evidence is there and it comes from all over the world based on experiences of disconnected cultures.

Think of it this way - how on earth could Maria get pregnant with out sex? Unless of course that angel that appeared to her was an alien that did a bit of artificial insemination.
Assuming of course, that she existed in the first place?

czc

Honorary Master
It was a very interesting series and asked some very good questions.

But it didn't answer anything really.

It would be a possibility I suppose. You can't discount it.

porchrat

Honorary Master
Where is the evidence of this hyper-advanced culture?

Why interact with us as primitives that early on and then leave and not return?

Also why call them astronauts? Why not cosmonauts?...were they American or Russian aliens part of a human space program?

I am willing to bet that you are doing a POE here. That Mary story is so wide spread across all cultures, and it fits because it provides a basis for the cultures godhead, to be pure. Nothing alien about that, just plain misogynistic taboos in place, to control the more powerful female sex.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Where is the evidence of this hyper-advanced culture?

Why interact with us as primitives that early on and then leave and not return?

Also why call them astronauts? Why not cosmonauts?...were they American or Russian aliens part of a human space program?
Its all there in the series - lots of evidence and reasons they came here and are still around. Guess it depends on what culture you are that would depend what you call them.

porchrat

Honorary Master
Its all there in the series - lots of evidence and reasons they came here and are still around. Guess it depends on what culture you are that would depend what you call them.
No I mean where is their fancy technology? Why not share it with us. Why not educate us straight away? Did they not have the capability to do so? They can cross all those light-years to reach us and then can't be bothered to actually educate us? Why place this subtle game of "wait and see". Just doesn't make sense.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
No I mean where is their fancy technology? Why not share it with us. Why not educate us straight away? Did they not have the capability to do so? They can cross all those light-years to reach us and then can't be bothered to actually educate us? Why place this subtle game of "wait and see". Just doesn't make sense.
Again - its all in the series really. We were more of a utility to them than a pet project.

agerbon

Expert Member
An atheist reply? To be expected. Did I say something about open minds?
What is being an atheist got to do with this?

There are a lot of anomalies around the world that our historians have yet to explain. Usually these anomalies are followed by myths of gods coming from the sky in their fiery chariots. That is all they are though, myths.

What I'm against is the status quote that historians/archeologists have on human history. They give us a model of history and tell us that this is what happened. Yet anomalies are there which don't fit into the model and all they do is ignore them.

porchrat

Honorary Master
Again - its all in the series really. We were more of a utility to them than a pet project.
A utility. Oh of course makes perfect sense. Because a civilisation that reaches that level of technological development would obviously not have developed enough socially to handle the responsibility of that technology and would see no problem with utilising other sentient creatures as 'utilities'. Makes perfect sense.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
A utility. Oh of course makes perfect sense. Because a civilisation that reaches that level of technological development would obviously not have developed enough socially to handle the responsibility of that technology. Makes perfect sense.
So how do you explain it then? The artifacts and stories we have from old civilizations that look very much out of this world ?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I would love to watch this! Where did you download it from Roux?

I do not consider myself inteligent or enlightened enough to say yay or nay....but the idea of it is pretty cool! :)

They say that the Inca's were helped along by Aliens and that is how they managed to draw those huge creepy crawlies in the desert.....but then they went and showed how easy it is to actually do it so it kinds blew that idea out of the water.

porchrat

Honorary Master
So how do you explain it then? The artifacts and stories we have from old civilizations that look very much out of this world ?
I don't explain it until I actually have a way to conclusively explain it. It is the only logical option.

Assuming "aliens" is just that. An assumption.