Any reliable reseller hosting in SA?

douglash

Hi

I registered to post this question as I am having trouble finding a good host.

I was hosting with WA but my clients were constantly having problems accessing their mail (server going down and needing a restart, firewall taking 4 hours to deliver mail, temporary authentication issues to list a few) to the point where I had to promise them a move. So I moved. After reading some reviews and general customer comments I thought I'd give Afrihost a try. Their Sales team is top notch and getting set up was painless. They even helped migrate the accounts from WA. Then all my users start complaining of a sudden increase in bounce notices and in the amount of spam that they are receiving. Some are even getting bounce notices talking about the IP being a known spam source. With both ISP's I spent a significant amount of time working with their support to try to resolve the problems, with some success and without success in other instances.

So, what I am asking is, is there any hosting company that is not internationally based that provides reseller hosting for email that is reliable and does not have a problem with spam/mail delivery?

Unfortunately a dedicated server is not an option right now, more because of policy that I am not in control of than anything else.

FlatspinZA

Expert Member
Any email account has a problem with SPAM - you have to set the filters in your email admin backend.

Try www.elitehost.co.za - I have been using them for a good few years, and the service is excellent, with zero problems on the email side. Sometimes a company's domain might get firewalled because of too many simultaneous requests, but they have a simple reset feature on their website.

One piece of advice, however, is to use a separate domain registrar for your domains with pointing to your hosting provider. That way, if the service at your hosting company becomes erratic, or they go bang for some reason, it is very easy to point to another hosting provider easily, and effortlessly.

I know you have had bad experiences with Web Africa, but I use them as my domain registrar because I can update the NS records myself through the CPL, so moving hosting companies is really simple.

EDIT: You can choose International or Local hosting with them.

Last edited:

sparticus

Expert Member
Any email account has a problem with SPAM - you have to set the filters in your email admin backend.

Try www.elitehost.co.za - I have been using them for a good few years, and the service is excellent, with zero problems on the email side. Sometimes a company's domain might get firewalled because of too many simultaneous requests, but they have a simple reset feature on their website.

One piece of advice, however, is to use a separate domain registrar for your domains with pointing to your hosting provider. That way, if the service at your hosting company becomes erratic, or they go bang for some reason, it is very easy to point to another hosting provider easily, and effortlessly.

I know you have had bad experiences with Web Africa, but I use them as my domain registrar because I can update the NS records myself through the CPL, so moving hosting companies is really simple.

EDIT: You can choose International or Local hosting with them.

agree , one of the best hosting companies out there :)