Anybody have any experiences with ISP Afrika or Bronberg?

Fireprufe15

I've had it to here with rain and their ridiculously bad speeds. I've contacted them to try and resolve this, but if they can't I have to look at other options. But my only options if I quit from rain are to go back to DSL (our area has incessant line theft so I really would prefer not to) or to get a WISP. There is no fibre here yet, Telkom LTE doesn't offer me the speeds/data/price I would be willing to buy at (seems like with Telkom you get to pick 2 of those three and the third is just crap) and Vodacom and MTN are just ridiculously expensive. Cell C has similar pricing but other people in my area have told me it is even worse than rain in terms of peak time speeds.

So, looking at some of these WISPs, ISP Afrika and Bronberg connect seem to be the two that offer the closest to what I currently want. Mainly I'm looking to get at least 10 Mbps of upload, which only seems possible with ISP Afrika. I'd like for download to be around 20 Mbps, but I'm willing to accept lower on download, but no lower than 10.

Anyway, I haven't heard many good things about WISPs and the installation price is not cheap if it turns out that their service is bad. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these providers? In the Pretoria North/Akasia area? They promise a lot and some of it seems a bit unrealistic (guaranteed speeds? I don't know man seems legit)

Some information or help is appreciated.

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Check out www.level-7.co.za we have premium wireless where we could offer you such an upload. Please get in touch with our sales team and we can check.