Anybody in bellville area feel a big bang?

ange_mc

Got message from friend in other area of Bellville, closer to the Kuilsriver end of Bellville, said she felt the building shake at just before 06h47 (she is on the 10th floor of her building as far as I know), said a colleague outside heard big bang, and they now apparently felt another shock or tremor. ATM bombing? Small tremor? I felt nothing, close to Durbanville end of Bellville, had just reached work when she said it happened.

ange_mc

I was sitting at home (in Northern suburbs) during the 2003 one - heard a big bang, felt the whole house shake, and all the roof tiles lifted up and settled again rather like somebody playing scales on a piano. The cat slept through the whole thing. The epicentre was near Atlantis/Malmesbury side.

DJ...

Banned
Quick, go outside and check if there is only hydrogen and deuterium present...

cerebus

Honorary Master
Quick, go outside and check if there is only hydrogen and deuterium present...
Awesome :D

I actually did hear a bang sometime around then. I was on the bus en route to CPT and must have been at the airport or so.

ange_mc

@cerebus - am I correct in thinking you must have been on the N2 then?

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
At 06H47 I was passing Oakdale on the N1. TBH I heard or felt nothing, but then again I was listening to the radio at the time

ange_mc

hmm - so it seems it was heard/felt by people more to the south side of Bellvillefontein, but not on the north side. have sent sms to a cop I know to ask if he knew anything, he said most likely not ATM bomb but will see what he can find out.

abzo

Honorary Master
i walk to the station at that time and would have felt it ...
Maybe the bang was your testicles finally descending. *badum tish*

No wait, that would mean you have large testicles.

I retract my comment.

FrankCastle

Executive Member
I felt it and quick as flash I turned to my SO and said was it good for you to.

werny

Expert Member
Felt nothing here in bellville, probably because I was still sleeping that time.