Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
https://www.tymebank.co.za/banking/personal/everyday-account/

Looks cheap, no monthly fees, no swipe fees. Free withdrawals at pick and pay.

10 linked saving accounts, where capitec is limited to 4 extra.

Double smart shopper points, its linked to your card so you don't have to even swipe your smart shopper card.

Decent interest rates: * 6% interest from day 1, 7% after 30 days, 9% after 90 days. If you give 10 days’ notice after 90 days – you earn as much as 10%.

Will open my account tomorrow, to test.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I failed one of the questions then, it asked me if my edgars account is around R100 a month, I answered no ,because I pay R70 a month.
Yes must be it. Perhaps get an upgraded Credit report? They always get stuff wrong anyway like addresses etc.

ld13

Honorary Master
I failed one of the questions then, it asked me if my edgars account is around R100 a month, I answered no ,because I pay R70 a month.
Just try again - I got mine 'wrong' due to taking too long to answer one of the questions. Went through the fairly painless process again and,.... yay, signed up. :)

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Interested in this... I know nothing about the bank though.

Is there a reason - beyond the financials mentioned earlier - to use this bank?

Swa

Honorary Master
Can someone explain the interest to me please? Is it like a notice period you have to give?

Swa

Honorary Master
Nvr mind. Found their help link. Appears this is the time the account is open. Once you withdraw or transfer the money it gets closed. Doesn't apply to your main transaction account.

thechamp

Honorary Master
The interest is still calculated annually as far as I understand, so you will be getting a quarter of that 10% after 90 days, right?