Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

under_sky

Expert Member
So there is 3 options on the Kiosk when it's enable for Rain simcards.

Left is money send. Middle is Tyme Banking and Right is Rain simcard collection/signup. Once you click that it takes you to a rain.co.za page but different. I did not play around with that option much because I was too frustrated with the issue I was having with Smartshopper.
Do you know which pick n pays allow collection for the sim ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Do you know which pick n pays allow collection for the sim ?
I have no idea bit I saw it at Centurion Lifestyle Centre PnP Hypermarket. Not sure about any others though.

There was a mybroadband article about it.

Invertboeing

I have no idea bit I saw it at Centurion Lifestyle Centre PnP Hypermarket. Not sure about any others though.

There was a mybroadband article about it.
I asked them about it on twitter, apparently this is the list:
DAINFERN, LONEHILL, PICK'n PAY ON NICOL, STELLENBOSCH, HYPER SOWETO, FAMILY OAKFIELDS, HYPER CENTURION, FAMILY OBSERVATORY, CAVENDISH, CLAREMONT

MirageF1

Expert Member
I asked them about it on twitter, apparently this is the list:
DAINFERN, LONEHILL, PICK'n PAY ON NICOL, STELLENBOSCH, HYPER SOWETO, FAMILY OAKFIELDS, HYPER CENTURION, FAMILY OBSERVATORY, CAVENDISH, CLAREMONT
I can confirm whilst popping into PnP the kiosk at Obs a few weeks ago, that it does have 2 slots...but never actually checked further or tested.

Antelope

@TymeBank
Kindly advise if your email inbox actually works.

Ive forwarded my query again 2 days ago, and no response yet. Not even an automated response. IMG_20190704_063013.png

Ive sent the details via pm

HumanShield

Has anyone experienced a spike in spam calls after signing up with the bank? For the past few weeks, since signing up, I've been getting calls from mostly 031 numbers and the usual 087 numbers. Anyone else have this?

mr_norris

Expert Member
Has anyone experienced a spike in spam calls after signing up with the bank? For the past few weeks, since signing up, I've been getting calls from mostly 031 numbers and the usual 087 numbers. Anyone else have this?
Nothing from me. As supersunbird said, must be a coincidence.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
So much negativity here.

I love my Tyme bank experience, so much so I am going off ABSA platinum for their cheapest options only because I stopped using it.

Once I get a Tyme credit card I'll cancel my ABSA one.

I love the sense of freedom Tyme gives.

midkemia

Hey mikemia, did you link the TymeBank account to your Smart Shopper when you first received the card at the kiosk? If not, this may be the reason why it is registering as invalid. If not, this is part of a larger known issue, one which we are working to get sorted as soon as possible.
@TymeBank Nope, it auto-linked after creation, as your app and Kiosk was designed to function... Should I try and link it myself? or just wait for Buzz Lightyear to arrive and scream "To Infinity and Beyond" after which at some point it might work. Maybe the level of sarcasm for app developers implementing critical design features is at the salty level already, but nothing some salty chocolate balls cant fix.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
How was the SARS support documentation related to interest earned in the goalsaves ? Smooth and on time before 1 July ?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Possibly been dealt with before.. But something I came across today trying to move a bit of money around... Would be nice to be able to transfer between goalsaves...

Aharon

Executive Member
Possibly been dealt with before.. But something I came across today trying to move a bit of money around... Would be nice to be able to transfer between goalsaves...
Wouldn't be possible because when you withdraw you have to close the goalsave. Secondly different goalsave potentially have diff interest rates

FlashSA

Executive Member
Wouldn't be possible because when you withdraw you have to close the goalsave. Secondly different goalsave potentially have diff interest rates
That's why it is NB to have 3 or 4 goalsaves charged with a few rand and the full 90days old. When you need money from one goalsave, take all out, take money needed and move the balance to a charged goalsave meaning not a day's full interest lost

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
I know the technicalities... I was thinking between goalsaves with the same rate or something...

Would just be nice... But it's not a deal breaker.

Swa

Honorary Master
I know the technicalities... I was thinking between goalsaves with the same rate or something...

Would just be nice... But it's not a deal breaker.
The issue is that when you withdraw from a goalsave you close it. So the only thing you can do is transfer the balance from goalsave to goalsave. Can't see the purpose in that.