Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

electrix

Do you want to turn your smartshopper points into cash so you can spend it anywhere, PM me

oronte

Expert Member
Hopelessly bad service. I tried to verify myself at a Tyme Kiosk and it didn't manage it. I called the helpline and their response was I need to register my fingerprints at Home Affairs again. I actually did that for my passport and ID at the beginning of the year and MTN successfully verified me with the Home Affairs system a few months ago. So why if Tyme Banks systems are clearly broken do they want to make the customer's life difficult? After explaining all this to the call center agent, the response was go to Home Affairs again and re-register my fingerprints.
@TymeGuy is this seriously how you guys do business?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Hopelessly bad service. I tried to verify myself at a Tyme Kiosk and it didn't manage it. I called the helpline and their response was I need to register my fingerprints at Home Affairs again. I actually did that for my passport and ID at the beginning of the year and MTN successfully verified me with the Home Affairs system a few months ago. So why if Tyme Banks systems are clearly broken do they want to make the customer's life difficult? After explaining all this to the call center agent, the response was go to Home Affairs again and re-register my fingerprints.
It is. I decided F Tyme, rather than waste my time and money with them until they get alternate systems, like me inserting my smart ID or such.

oronte

Expert Member
Okay, so not just me. I'm not asking for the world here, I want to put money into my Tyme Account and they obviously don't want it. So disappointing. After a bad experience with Discovery Bank (still fighting with them to close their barely functional account) I'm going to stick with the traditional banks.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Okay, so not just me. I'm not asking for the world here, I want to put money into my Tyme Account and they obviously don't want it. So disappointing. After a bad experience with Discovery Bank (still fighting with them to close their barely functional account) I'm going to stick with the traditional banks.
Just wait for them to roll out selfie verification.

Jacada

My SO had pretty much the same experience except that when the system couldn't identify her, her account was locked, which was a nightmare in itself to get it unlocked again. Her account is now lying dormant with a few bucks in it.

signates

Executive Member
Anyone receive a loan offer from them.

Received this offer from them today. I don't need it so not going to take them up on their offer.

blunt

Expert Member
Yep same thing here on Tyme, their system showed an old address of mine so I typed in the correct one and now I'm stuck on 50k limit for life it seems. Sent them my proof of address and they just mailed me back saying yes it is the same as the one on my account.. thanks for the confirmation but I want my limits increased. Anyway will see if they respond to my follow up.

SarelSeemonster

Yep same thing here on Tyme, their system showed an old address of mine so I typed in the correct one and now I'm stuck on 50k limit for life it seems. Sent them my proof of address and they just mailed me back saying yes it is the same as the one on my account.. thanks for the confirmation but I want my limits increased. Anyway will see if they respond to my follow up.
My situation exactly. When doing the address verification, I saw an old address of ours listed but the ambassador at the kiosk (PnP Jean Crossing, Centurion) advised that I should rather type in my current/correct address as this would also update my residential address at Home Affairs.

This didn't happen though. I visited HA Centurion a few days later and they still had my old address on record. I gave them proof of address and it's been updated, but now I'm stuck on the R50k "getting to know you" profile even though my address on record at TymeBank matches with what's on record at HA.

I phoned TymeBank's customer care (case ID G-49265) and was told the only way to get past this restriction now is to wait for the facial recognition feature to be rolled out to the kiosks. Pity.

kabusi

This facial recognition has long time been in the making. I wonder how much more reliable it will be than fingerprints.
Surely there must be a manual override for FICA information.

Filosofer

Hi everyone, is there a way to route the interest earned to another account every month?

Those people with R100k in their goalsaves, does the interest accumulate over and above the 100k limit or can you send the interest into another account?

mr_norris

Expert Member
Hi everyone, is there a way to route the interest earned to another account every month?

Those people with R100k in their goalsaves, does the interest accumulate over and above the 100k limit or can you send the interest into another account?
1. I'm saying no here because the answer is probably not what you had in mind. To get anything out of a goalsave, you have to cash the goalsave out. So you can route it out, but it takes everything with it.
2. Yes. This is mentioned in their documentation on the website and T&C's somewhere. Your contributions are capped, earnings is not.

e4et

Expert Member
1. I'm saying no here because the answer is probably not what you had in mind. To get anything out of a goalsave, you have to cash the goalsave out. So you can route it out, but it takes everything with it.
2. Yes. This is mentioned in their documentation on the website and T&C's somewhere. Your contributions are capped, earnings is not.
So almost like a this:
If the limit is 20K, you can contribute 20K of your own money, but interest will keep on being added, even after hitting your 20K, until you make a withdrawal ?