Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

DinoPat

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with smart shopper because mine isn’t linked but I got the sms.

Romito

Expert Member
I see you can now link a card, presumably from another bank to add money to your Tymebank account. Anyone use the feature?

cavedog

Honorary Master
I see you can now link a card, presumably from another bank to add money to your Tymebank account. Anyone use the feature?

Yes. I have my credit card linked in case I need to eft some money. Cheaper to load money from my cc into my tyme bank account than to transfer the money out direct from the cc.

1st topup free a month.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Also statement came in today. Thks is why I have Tyme!

Your bank charges for this month were only R 5.98

Leisure Larry

I've opened a Tymebank account 3 weeks ago. Smartshopper not linked. No transactions done yet. Balance is zero.
I've received that third party sms on Saturday evening.

BigBear

Expert Member
56a5910ebe26280b8cfc7d7ea2ddebd8.jpg

Finally got upgraded from 40k limit..

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Yes. I have my credit card linked in case I need to eft some money. Cheaper to load money from my cc into my tyme bank account than to transfer the money out direct from the cc.

1st topup free a month.
No just your first ever topup is free and I had to email them to get the fee returned because it didn't happen automagically.

Crumbl0x

Anyone else received a phishing sms?
Definitely a phishing site link takes you to https://teyebnk4231.netlify.app

"TymeBank. A third-party payment has been scheduled to be debited from your account by the end of the month.TAP https://bit.ly/Tyebnks3 to view.T&C's apply."

25e3b83e904adbf54636877ae562b1d4.jpg
Ah, I'm not the only one.

I've received three of these so far and I don't even have a TymeBank account lol, the number keeps rotating so I had to eventually throw it in the phrase blocklist bin.

Swa

Honorary Master
Ah, I'm not the only one.

I've received three of these so far and I don't even have a TymeBank account lol, the number keeps rotating so I had to eventually throw it in the phrase blocklist bin.
Well that confirms it. It's not just Tyme customers getting them.

lord-of-war

Anyone get Nedbank EFT payments to Tymebank bounce back? Very strange as I pay this account every month .

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Well, I got the phishing SMS today. But on my prepaid MTN SIM, in no way linked to Tyme. So it's just a random phishing SMS and not a Tyme leak.

From 071 268 4561.

3WA

Honorary Master
Question for people who maxed out the Goalsaves but don’t use TymeBank as their main account:

do you just leave your account, or do you have to do one or two small things a month to keep it from going dormant? Should I set up a R100 scheduled payment just to keep things ticking over?

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Question for people who maxed out the Goalsaves but don’t use TymeBank as their main account:

do you just leave your account, or do you have to do one or two small things a month to keep it from going dormant? Should I set up a R100 scheduled payment just to keep things ticking over?

Just leave it! It stays active as interest are added monthly

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

They'll only delete it after a year if it's dormant with no money in it.

Reactions: 3WA

cr@zydude

Executive Member

I haven't used the transactional account in over a year, but the account hasn't gone dormant. I've had the Goal Saves maxed for a while and assume that the interest earned keeps the account active.

Reactions: 3WA