Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

mervman

Well surely there should be another way to do it. With a brick and mortar bank I would be able to go into a branch for the authentication process without having to go to Home Affairs.
That's how they keep the fees low, and free for most day to day banking. Worked great for me and people I know. I didn't have any problems with authentication though.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Well surely there should be another way to do it. With a brick and mortar bank I would be able to go into a branch for the authentication process without having to go to Home Affairs.
That's why their signup process is so fast and great no need to submit a zillion documents. Just go to the HA and get your ID card etc so they can have updated prints.

surface

Honorary Master
Why not switch to the bank that never experiences any glitches ?

VBot

Why not switch to the bank that never experiences any glitches ?
Look I am not going to call them useless like the other poster as I still get value for money and yes, I am well aware that life is not always smooth sailing. But when I contacted them on WhatsApp they were not very helpful.

VBot

That's why their signup process is so fast and great no need to submit a zillion documents. Just go to the HA and get your ID card etc so they can have updated prints.
See this is much more helpful than @surface 's passive aggressive reply. Do you work for Tymebank?

ros_b

I just logged on to the TymeBank app and noticed an option "Add money" - an option to add money to your account via another bank's card. There are fees, though the first top-up is free. Just wondering - if I link my credit card, would I be charged credit card fees as if using the card for a cash advance, or will it look to the credit card like a normal online purchase (as it does when topping up to Spot Money, for example)?

Pho3nix

The Legend
I just logged on to the TymeBank app and noticed an option "Add money" - an option to add money to your account via another bank's card. There are fees, though the first top-up is free. Just wondering - if I link my credit card, would I be charged credit card fees as if using the card for a cash advance, or will it look to the credit card like a normal online purchase (as it does when topping up to Spot Money, for example)?

Please try and let us know

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
It's jsut a normal online transaction like paying for Youtube Premium, Netflix etc.

Gamer

Expert Member
Anybody else had their Goal Saves bonus payout not paid? I received my capital + accrued interest, but some of the bonus portion not paid. I can see the bonus portion amount that should have been paid (I took screenshots of each pay out instruction as I did them). Out of 10 goal saves paid out, I got the bonus portion for only 4.

BigBear

Expert Member
It's jsut a normal online transaction like paying for Youtube Premium, Netflix etc.

Yup..

80beb518a79cedcd07ebdb4759978e85.jpg

No fee on Discovery Bank..

87f031b46421a5c6f7313d002b91e448.jpg

Lefty309

I currently have an FNB account that I use solely for Paypal, but would Tymebank be a better option instead?
I checked their website and it mentions online transactions (local) carry a R3 fee, but I don't see mention of anything related to international transactions or Paypal.

What are the pros and cons for FNB and Tymebank, in relation to Paypal? Thanks.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

TymeBank added over 1.5 million clients in the last year and now has a total of 3.45 million customers. It is adding in excess of 120 000 customers per month. A few months ago, the bank said the active portion of that base – in other words, customers who had generated revenue for the bank in the past 30 days – was just above 60%.

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
Hi there

Does tymebank offer credit card facilities? If so how to get an account? App does not show me that option.

Any one have credit card as yet? How does it work? Any loyalty program attached to the use? I presume it will also have the 55 day no interest fee option?

mr_norris

Expert Member
Hi there

Does tymebank offer credit card facilities? If so how to get an account? App does not show me that option.
They do, or at least they did, but the links don't work anymore. The FAQ has lots of credit card info but no way to sign up.

Honestly, they are quite pricey - R60pm. There are cheaper alternatives out there. I wouldn't use them.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Hi there

Any one have credit card as yet? How does it work? Any loyalty program attached to the use? I presume it will also have the 55 day no interest fee option?
Yes can sign up here https://apply.tymecard.co.za/#GetStarted R60p/m and 17.5% interest rate AFAIK. Hopefully they drop the monthy price by R20 when they roll out.

Smiley_lauf

Expert Member
Sure will keep away from that for now. FNB option works well.ans I get the fees back in ebucks rewards.