Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

Aharon

Executive Member
I have missed this and not sure, but how do I link my Tyme card's smartshopper # to my PnP Smartshopper profile?

It currently only shows my original smartshopper card # and says I am not allowed to add more cards through the pnp.co.za website channel.
It's a mission if it's not already linked. Have you tried swiping the Tyme card at the kiosk?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I have missed this and not sure, but how do I link my Tyme card's smartshopper # to my PnP Smartshopper profile?

It currently only shows my original smartshopper card # and says I am not allowed to add more cards through the pnp.co.za website channel.
It's already linked.

cavedog

Honorary Master

It's already linked. It won't show on the pnp website but if you try to register a new profile with your tymebank smartshopper number it will fail saying it's already linked to another profile.

Fcon_Vpro

What did it do? Or not do?
It did not issue me a debit card.
I logged into the kiosk. I clicked on get debit card.
It had a spinning icon for about a minute and then said it couldnt issue a debit card. Please try another machine/store.
Think it was error E0204.

Tinuva

The Magician
It's a mission if it's not already linked. Have you tried swiping the Tyme card at the kiosk?
Mine wasn't, and was a major issue to get linked
It's already linked. It won't show on the pnp website but if you try to register a new profile with your tymebank smartshopper number it will fail saying it's already linked to another profile.
Ok so its already linked, but I assume to a _new_ profile which is not the same as my original profile :(

So I guess the wording needs to change to, how do I merge the 2 profiles, 1. Original PnP smartshopper account and 2. the Tyme smartshopper account.

Aharon

Executive Member
Ok so its already linked, but I assume to a _new_ profile which is not the same as my original profile :(

So I guess the wording needs to change to, how do I merge the 2 profiles, 1. Original PnP smartshopper account and 2. the Tyme smartshopper account.
Do you get a different balance if you swipe each card? (your actual vs tyme)?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Will check it out today
You will have to check both cards balances because if even if they are linked you can still use you blue smartshopper card OR your tymebank card.

So examples if it's linked correctly:

Pay for fuel at BP with Tyme card + Swipe PnP blue card = Points go to same wallet
Buy at PnP swipe/scan Tyme card as smartshopper + Pay with Tyme card = points go to same wallet
Buy at PnP swipe/scan blue PnP smartshopper card + Pay with Tyme card = Points go to same wallet

So if it's linked correctly you can mix it up and it would work and points will be allocated to the same PnP smart shopper wallet which you can use in PnP by either swiping PnP blue card or Tyme card to redeem points or redeem them on the PnP app for discounted movie tickets or airtime.

The 2D Movie ticket @ any SK Cinema is R30 in PnP value which is pretty decent if you ask me. Less than half the normal price.

Hey guys

I'm back! After a great December holiday, I returned to a whirlwind of activity at TymeBank:. As many of you have noticed, we've been working really hard to:
  • Roll out Bank-ready kiosks to as many PnP and Boxer stores as possible (we're in 275 out of 730 stores as of this morning)
  • Improve system stability (the kiosk process, and our core banking systems)
  • Hone the skills of our Ambassadors, Customer Service Centre and backoffice staff
We're building up to our "above the line" launch (and the official end to what many of you have referred to as our "Beta period") in a few weeks' time. We're under no illusions that everything is going to work flawlessly, but we're committed to steadily improving every day - and we're deeply thankful to all of you who have taken a chance on the new kid on the block.

What exactly have we been up to?
We've made significant changes to system elements that we found compromised performance or stability, and have redesigned and rebuilt flawed components of our kiosk process. The changes to the kiosk process will go live in a few days time, and should go a long way to addressing many of the causes of sub-par experiences too many have had while attempting to join TymeBank.

We're also working hard to "remediate" customers who for whatever reason have been unable to join TymeBank (or have ended up without a card, or have card with their maiden name printed on it, or can't use their PIN/password, or have been unable to upgrade their profile).

Please bear with us - the things that have sometimes gone wrong were never supposed to happen, and we've had to come up with creative ways to make things right. The changes we're making to our systems and processes should eliminate many of the issues going forward, or will put in place more customer-friendly recovery processes.

Lots of questions!
In the past weeks, a great deal of questions have been posted to this forum - and thankfully, MyBroadband members have often swooped in with the answers! Here's a bit more detail for the enthusiasts:

Profile levels
The details (transaction limits, maximum balances) applicable to your profile are now viewable via Internet Banking and our SmartApp.

Payments
Some of you have experienced delays with EFT's from other banks - and some have been quite relieved when money (finally!) arrived. Payments from one bank to another do take time, and banks have different daily "cutoffs" for submitting payments to other financial institutions. These cutoffs are different during weekdays / weekends / public holidays - the details appear in our T&C's (and we'll keep adding answers to our website FAQ's).

An issue that has resulted in lots of frustration for a handful of customers who have joined TymeBank via the web (and haven't subsequently upgraded their profile at the kiosk) occurs when an EFT is attempted from another bank that would result in the TymeBank profile balance exceeding the maximum allowable balance for the customer's profile level. When this occurs, we reverse the transaction and the funds are returned to the originating bank - but this can take a few days. To invest R100,000 in a GoalSave account, you'll need a full "Good friends" profile - which means we've been able to verify your identity with biometrics, and have also confirmed your address.

We will always make sure that your money reflects in your account as soon as possible (and although glitches may cause slight delays while we sort our systems out, you'll always get your money!) Payments from a TymeBank customer to another TymeBank customer happen instantly and are always FREE.

If you normally pay someone using cash, why not encourage them to open a TymeBank account to avoid the hassle and risk of cash? The recipient will be able to:
  1. Safely draw cash at >10,000 PnP and Boxer till points (for FREE) or at any ATM (for R8 per R1000).
  2. On-send the money to others electronically - via EFT or SendMoney (coming soon: watch this space!)
  3. Buy airtime and electricity (coming very soon)
  4. Use their card to pay and earn Smart Shopper points
Card transactions
Our TymeBank Visa Debit cards support secure chip transactions as well as NFC tap transactions. We do not support insecure magstripe or "offline" transactions - which means you won't be able to use your card at certain paypoints (such a toll roads and many parking garages). We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause, but our focus will always be on keeping our customers' money safe.

Cash deposits & withdrawals
Cash deposits and withdrawals are available countrywide. Deposits and withdrawals are limited to R20,000 per day (multiple transactions of up to R3000). Cash transactions can be performed:
  1. At PnP/Boxer tills, including PnP convenience stores linked to BP (depending on availability of cash):
    • cash withdrawls are FREE using either your TymeBank card or a TymeCode (generating using SmartApp or Internet Banking).
    • cash deposits are R4 using either your TymeBank card or a TymeCode
  2. At many other retailers: cash withdrawals ("cash back with purchase" or "cash back"). We charge R2 for this transaction.
  3. At all ATMs (we charge R8 per R1000 or part thereof)
Smart Shopper
We're proud of our partnership with PnP's Smart Shopper programme - we've made it really simple for you to earn rewards without having to jump through a series of ever-changing hoops. Your TymeBank Visa Debit card is automatically liked to the Smart Shopper programme (and your existing Smart Shopper profile, if you have one). We're working with BP to ensure that earning double points at BP for fuel purchases with your TymeBank card is as simple as using a blue Smart Shopper card (the TymeBank card Smart Shopper number currently needs to be entered manually - in future, the card will simply be swiped).

We believe the TymeBank debit card offers great value. You'll pay no account fees, no card fees, no loyalty programme fees, and there is no risk of spending money you don't have, or having to pay interest.

Bank Statements
There's been a technical delay in releasing the December 2018 bank statement - but you'll have a (new and improved) statement soon. Next month, the statements will be sent out soon after month end. And we're working hard to make "pull statement" functionality available on Internet Banking and our SmartApp.

Tax certificates
IT3b tax certificates (detailing interest per account for SARS tax reporting purposes) will be available shortly after the end of the tax year (28 February).

Cheers,

TymeGuy

Antelope

Nice to hear from you @TymeGuy
Quite a few questions already answered in your first post for the year.

We hope to continue being kept updated, as we were from the unofficial launch till the end of the year.

Antelope

Just a few thoughts after being with tyme since it's launch.

Im pretty sure it will improve drastically by the time you officially Launch, but your customer service needs some careful attention and consideration.
This is the aspect where ALL the major banks fail pathetically to someone or the other.

As things stand there are only two methods of communication.
Calling the call center and private messaging on Facebook etc. The latter seems to be much more efficient.the former is not generally very helpful immediately, as there is not much that they can do while on the call, almost everything needs to be escalated.

After a good few interactions with your call center, I would think that there is seldom any feedback, definitely not during the same day or two , if there is, it is at least after a week. There are already a few cases logged where feedback was never received,this should never ever be the case.

Suggestion:
1)some companies have an automated sms that is sent to the customer when a fault or complaint is resolved on the system, and by replying to the sms within (for example) 24 hours it would ensure that the complaint remains open and cannot just be closed without the customer actually being satisfied.

2)There should be some internal system to monitor the number of open complaints and those that were closed.and there should be internal checks and balances to ensure that the number of unresolved complaints don't go out of control (I'm sure you do have this to some extent)

3)the ambassadors at the kiosks knowledge of how things at Tyme work or should work seems to be lacking, they probably need a bit more training and personal experience.

4) add email support and the option to request a call back from a Tyme agent.

5)the easiest and fastest way to ruin the banks reputation is to offer a sub standard customer service. You should very well stand out from the rest in this department,as it is the only interaction with a person at Tyme a customer will ever experience.

6)your mobile website should have links to frequently used pages displayed more prominently. I'm not sure of others experiences, but personally it took me some time to get used to finding the login link, which is located at the bottom of the list on the mobile site.

7) the message on the top of the mobile browser screen about your usage of cookies appears too often. It should only be displayed once with an option to agree, and should not be seen in the same browser again.

John Tempus

Expert Member
@TymeGuy

I am looking to use TymeBank account as a backup account but the part that confuses me is that bizarre limits on balances imposed. What is the max allowed balance on TymeBank account ? How do I increase my limits because going to my profile I am unable to edit/add my address etc. for the apparent extra verification for up to R100k. Is R100k the upper limit of allowed balance ?

I have never heard of any bank who puts restrictions on how much money a client may have in their account with the bank so to see this as a company policy seems crazy.

patrick

Expert Member
I haven't been able to find an answer on this one, but what is the spread on currency conversion for foreign currency transactions?

Most banks use a 2.75% spread, Capitec is the exception as they convert at spot rate, anyone know on Tyme?