Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I haven't been able to find an answer on this one, but what is the spread on currency conversion for foreign currency transactions?

Most banks use a 2.75% spread, Capitec is the exception as they convert at spot rate, anyone know on Tyme?
Card doesn't work online or overseas yet...

mr_norris

Expert Member
I just want to say props to @TymeGuy for being part of this forum and responding to people. I am impressed with the help and updates he's given.

Edit: I do actually have a request that I only just remembered. Is it possible to add fingerprint authentication for the Android app? That would be awesome.

Swa

Honorary Master
@TymeGuy

I am looking to use TymeBank account as a backup account but the part that confuses me is that bizarre limits on balances imposed. What is the max allowed balance on TymeBank account ? How do I increase my limits because going to my profile I am unable to edit/add my address etc. for the apparent extra verification for up to R100k. Is R100k the upper limit of allowed balance ?

I have never heard of any bank who puts restrictions on how much money a client may have in their account with the bank so to see this as a company policy seems crazy.
Limit is something like R500k including the goalsaves. Seriously if you have so much money in a bank account there's something wrong with your money management.

Swa

Honorary Master
What I'd like is the option of a virtual card so it's easy to create and cancel cards for online transactions.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Limit is something like R500k including the goalsaves. Seriously if you have so much money in a bank account there's something wrong with your money management.
I just wanted to know the limits and the only number I seen from TymeGuy is R100k. Hearing of people having funds send back due to receiving over their allowed limit just bothered me since the default limit is R20k and TymeGuy explanation on how to increase the limit to R100k does not even function on the app.

You have to admit its a very strange banking practice of putting actual hard upper limits of how much money a user is allowed to deposit with the bank but this might be related to TymeBank specific banking license that restrict them with an upper limit of allowed exposure per client.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I just wanted to know the limits and the only number I seen from TymeGuy is R100k. Hearing of people having funds send back due to receiving over their allowed limit just bothered me since the default limit is R20k and TymeGuy explanation on how to increase the limit to R100k does not even function on the app.

You have to admit its a very strange banking practice of putting actual hard upper limits of how much money a user is allowed to deposit with the bank but this might be related to TymeBank specific banking license that restrict them with an upper limit of allowed exposure per client.
It's probably to protect them until they reach a certain threshold of reserves.

Tinuva

The Magician

If you open the account online, the limit is R20k. Then you go to PnP and print a card, when it asks you how much money you will be moving, select the biggest value. Limit then changes to R500k.

Tinuva

The Magician
Back on to my smartshopper card linking not working. I think I know why.

When I went to print the card at PnP, the tablet timed out many times during the questions. It allowed me to say yes for the smartshopper linking, but before it allowed me to enter my current smartshopper number, guess what, tablet bombed out. Now, it doesn't allow me to link it anymore on the kiosk.

PnP staff says phone PnP callcenter.
PnP callcenter says phone Tyme callcenter.
Tyme callcenter says phone PnP callcenter.
PnP callcenter says phone Tyme....

And around we go.

PnP says it can only happen automatically, they have no way to do the linking for me.
When I ask, what is the troubleshooting procedure when that has gone wrong like in my case, no clue. Allegedly Tyme can unregister the smartshopper part, then I can redo it on the Tyme kiosk, but guess what, they have no clue what I am talking about.

GRRRRRRRR.

@TymeGuy please help!

Aharon

Executive Member
Back on to my smartshopper card linking not working. I think I know why.

When I went to print the card at PnP, the tablet timed out many times during the questions. It allowed me to say yes for the smartshopper linking, but before it allowed me to enter my current smartshopper number, guess what, tablet bombed out. Now, it doesn't allow me to link it anymore on the kiosk.

PnP staff says phone PnP callcenter.
PnP callcenter says phone Tyme callcenter.
Tyme callcenter says phone PnP callcenter.
PnP callcenter says phone Tyme....

And around we go.

PnP says it can only happen automatically, they have no way to do the linking for me.
When I ask, what is the troubleshooting procedure when that has gone wrong like in my case, no clue. Allegedly Tyme can unregister the smartshopper part, then I can redo it on the Tyme kiosk, but guess what, they have no clue what I am talking about.

GRRRRRRRR.

@TymeGuy please help!
Pm incoming

Jacada

Bugs like these make me worry to even get started. These bugs should never make it through Quality control especially if you are a digitally driven bank.

Nevermind interest showing as negative. The interest percentage in negative value does not even make any sense either.
The weird thing is I never put in R10 000. Maybe I must try another browser.

EDIT:

OK, so I tried Chrome (previously I used Firefox). Now one of my other GoalSaves looks like this:

Tyme2.JPG

Man that's some serious interest I got there. :unsure:

Last edited:

Jacada

lol. I really hope they didnt preload you with a demo balance left over from testing.

Did you deposit the R2359.96 part ?
Yes I did. At least the Balance is right.

EDIT:
I went back and checked again, I never added exactly R2359.96. I normally put R2000 per month so where it gets that value I don't know.

Swa

Honorary Master

The limits were stated somewhere but if you want to know you can just check your account. The R100k limit is for the goalsaves. For the moment though I wouldn't trust them with anything seeing how they can't get so many of the basics right that shouldn't be an issue even for a newbie programmer.