Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

Aharon

Executive Member
Tyme bank is working okay for me, except the smart shopper details are wrong. Meaning I don't get double points like I'm supposed to. Seems the system assigned me an arbitrary smart shopper number during my sign up process.
You are still getting double points, one is probably going to your blue card number and one to your tyme number. The trick is Noth are supposed to be linked. Outsole are having problems getting the two linked so far

FlashSA

Executive Member
The problem, I have realised, is digital is all good, until you have a problem which no remote support seems to be able to fix. My lack of online banking password needs a branch, a desk and a chair in front of a human to fix once and for all. Remote support has failed dismally to resolve.

Diderot

Hi..... Did anyone get their smartshopper points for their spend in Feb?

And usually what date do the points reflect?

TymeBank

The problem, I have realised, is digital is all good, until you have a problem which no remote support seems to be able to fix. My lack of online banking password needs a branch, a desk and a chair in front of a human to fix once and for all. Remote support has failed dismally to resolve.
Hi. We had a look into your case and it appeared that it was resolved. We're really sorry that this has been an ongoing issue for you. We've asked that one of our Account Support agents urgently get in touch to finally get this sorted. The TymeBank Team

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Hi. We had a look into your case and it appeared that it was resolved. We're really sorry that this has been an ongoing issue for you. We've asked that one of our Account Support agents urgently get in touch to finally get this sorted. The TymeBank Team
I closed my account last week (Tuesday/Wednesday I think) telephonically (no reference number was provided by the operator who "assisted" me). Account has a zero balance. Already cut up my debit card. As of this morning however, I am still able to login to the app so I assume the account is still open. Are you able to assist to close the account?

FlashSA

Executive Member
A good day! Finally sorted with the help of your consultant who called me. Thank you very much!!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
@TymeBank, no reply to my e-mail send Friday yet.

How can I attempt to rescan my finger prints so my limit can be increased?

TymeBank

I closed my account last week (Tuesday/Wednesday I think) telephonically (no reference number was provided by the operator who "assisted" me). Account has a zero balance. Already cut up my debit card. As of this morning however, I am still able to login to the app so I assume the account is still open. Are you able to assist to close the account?
Hi. It does take a while to process account closures, but please DM us or send an email to social@tymebank.co.za with your ID and cellphone number that you used to register for your account, and we'll investigate the status of your account and let you know. Thanks, The TymeBank Team

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Hi. It does take a while to process account closures, but please DM us or send an email to social@tymebank.co.za with your ID and cellphone number that you used to register for your account, and we'll investigate the status of your account and let you know. Thanks, The TymeBank Team
May I ask, how long is "a while"?

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Just received a response from them on an e-mail I sent on the 6th March. :rolleyes: Suppose because its free/cheap mediocrity is acceptable. Well not to me.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
What happens if someone someday gains access to that account and starts using it for illegal means?
Been using a password manager since yonks ago (7 years or so). Currently use Myki but looking to move to Bitwarden Premium since a cloud solution is more reliable for me.

unobeat

So I did a small R40 test transfer from my Nedbank account at 15:08pm this afternoon to my Tyme Acc and I got an sms notification at 18:27pm that the funds are in.

I was rather surprised and impressed to say the least.
I wonder though how is it possible that it took only 3 hours for the funds transfer?

Aharon

Executive Member
So I did a small R40 test transfer from my Nedbank account at 15:08pm this afternoon to my Tyme Acc and I got an sms notification at 18:27pm that the funds are in.

I was rather surprised and impressed to say the least.
I wonder though how is it possible that it took only 3 hours for the funds transfer?
Bank cut off is 15.30. Anything before then clears the same day, by midnight

beans100

Honorary Master
Last post was on Monday, What's happening? I'm curious, anybody that can give me the difference between a brick and mortar bank and an online bank, during an Black out? Will I have access to my monies when there is a 2 week blackout?

Gazed416

My experience: Great.

I went to a PnP in Midrand. Before going, I applied online (ID number, verification questions) which was about 5 minutes if not less. Got to PnP and helped myself with their machine to print my card. Entered my ID number, it asked me a few questions after I scanned both my right and left thumb, no delays, and my card was printed aka my banana card. I really don't mind the yellow of the card. I think it's great that there's a bank that has good benefits for free (basically)

I want to start a GoalSave. It will be small money that I'll deposit but I can't say no to their interest rates.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Last post was on Monday, What's happening? I'm curious, anybody that can give me the difference between a brick and mortar bank and an online bank, during an Black out? Will I have access to my monies when there is a 2 week blackout?
Lol yes doubt Eskom will be able to loadshed Amazon web services...

newby_investor

Expert Member
Lol yes doubt Eskom will be able to loadshed Amazon web services...
Well, if the nation can't access AWS?

I think that the digital banks will have the same challenge as traditional banks if the whole grid collapses, unless you have cash on hand. Doesn't matter if your card is ABSA, Capitec, Investec or Tyme if the whole country has no power.

After power is back though you should be fine.