Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

JOEY_8

Received my March statement last night.

- The statement now has an address which was missing before. However the address is 15 years old, not my current address that I used to sign up with. FICA what?
I've got the same issue with my address. I'm definitely not going to home affairs to get it changed.

jman

Expert Member
Do you only get statements if you use the card? I haven't received a single statement, but I've never used my card. Only the Goalsaves

I haven't received smart shopper for March yet either.
I seem to remember a previous post in this thread saying they allocate between the 4th and 8th of the following month.

But i definately never received the correct amount.

Anyone know if u get points for paying utility bills?

Filosofer

Do your goalsaves show what interest rate it is currently on? I transfered money into them yesterday for the first time... Is there a delay before I can see the interest rate?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Do your goalsaves show what interest rate it is currently on? I transfered money into them yesterday for the first time... Is there a delay before I can see the interest rate?
On the website I could immediately see the interest rate:

1554808087176.png

Don't ask me about app, apps are generally uncomfortable to use compared to a website, and only to be used if there is no alternative and you have to do something that can't wait.

Elax

I've got the same issue with my address. I'm definitely not going to home affairs to get it changed.
They've got my street address and suburb right, but have put me in Trompsburg, which is now apparently in Gauteng. I'm in Pretoria...

Antelope

A colleague is repeatedly getting error 5085 when trying to buy airtime , managed to buy it from my account though.

Anyone else got this error?

Antelope

To anyone looking to close your account, don't contact Tyme, they will request certified documents and forms to be emailed to them within 4 days. Whereas it doesn't really make any difference to closing the account. It will still have to be left unused for 12 months before it will be closed.it will be available for that period and any usage will cancel the request to close the account.
If you just leave your account unused for 12 months according to @TymeGuy it will automatically close your account.

According to the call center, once the account is closed you will not be allowed to open a new account(with things developing every month this might also change)

Edit:they will not inform you of the above, despite many emails, messages on Facebook and mybb and promises to get back to me, I wasn't informed of any of the above. I had to call them, got through after 2 weeks, then only they could put the call on hold and find out the details while I was on the line.

Some good news
access to the call centre has improved, it's actually possible to speak to someone after waiting for about 7 minutes, although email communication still gets ignored at times.

The call center agents have been advised that online and international usage will be activated within the next 30 days.

Last edited:

jman

Expert Member
Pick and pay told me not to come back to deposit money, said it's a risk to them to carry the cash lol
huh.. Was this the manager or something? Surely there's already agreed mandates between Tyme and picknpay. Probably an untrained/ill-informed manager