Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

cavedog

Honorary Master
R40 for a card that doesn't even last 3 months? No thanks. I thought capitec cards were bad but tyme is a whole New level. Even the smartshopper barcode is rubbed off.

Doesn't help if the account is free, but the card needs frequent replacement.
Well the actual card still works. The funny thing is though that it's not the print that is rubbing off it's the card number pnp barcode and cvv rubbing off. My name and account number is not coming off at all and that was printed on so my guess is the "blank cards" pre printed stuff is rubbing off.

Aharon

Executive Member
Well the actual card still works. The funny thing is though that it's not the print that is rubbing off it's the card number pnp barcode and cvv rubbing off. My name and account number is not coming off at all and that was printed on so my guess is the "blank cards" pre printed stuff is rubbing off.
Yip, same here.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Still no smart shopper points for March though?
I think I might have gotten mine on the 2nd but not sure really because I did not keep tabs on the balance. I think I need to call PicknPay care line and see if they can see when last Tyme Bank points was allocated.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
I think I might have gotten mine on the 2nd but not sure really because I did not keep tabs on the balance. I think I need to call PicknPay care line and see if they can see when last Tyme Bank points was allocated.
I checked my points on the 6th and was "low" and just checked it now and it is a good few 1000 higher sort of as I'd expect it to have been (can't say I keep that closer a watch but feels like it could be correct), so maybe check again today and see if yours is up.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
Had my 1st declined transaction yesterday, bought some items at PnP and did R500 cash back in same transaction. Boom, declined. So then cause I needed the items and cash, in end did both as separate after and those worked individually. Contacted their call enter by email to ensure it would get reversed. Just got a reply now asking for the following:

List of Documents
1 Cardholder Letter
2 Receipt (slips)
3 What was purchased.
4 Proof of expected delivery date.
5 Merchant response to the query.
6 Merchant in liquidation.

HUH. Can they not see there it was declined at the till (and from the slip and all the info I have that I sent them already) and needs to be reversed. Here we go again ... dealing with their (lack of) support team.

Aharon

Executive Member
Had my 1st declined transaction yesterday, bought some items at PnP and did R500 cash back in same transaction. Boom, declined. So then cause I needed the items and cash, in end did both as separate after and those worked individually. Contacted their call enter by email to ensure it would get reversed. Just got a reply now asking for the following:

List of Documents
1 Cardholder Letter
2 Receipt (slips)
3 What was purchased.

HUH. Can they not see there it was declined at the till (and from the slip and all the info I have that I sent them already) and needs to be reversed. Here we go again ... dealing with their (lack of) support team.
If the money has not been reversed they are seeing it as being approved. Did you keep any slips from the decline?

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
If the money has not been reversed they are seeing it as being approved. Did you keep any slips from the decline?
Yes, I do have the slip that says declined and do see it having come off my account (which I checked as soon as I got home from the shops). How long does one need to wait to see a reversal if they do pick it up? Annoying I'm probably now going to have to go through the schlep to send them all the docs.

Aharon

Executive Member
Honestly, if it's not back it's not coming back. Send it first thing tomorrow, you should have the money by the afternoon.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
Honestly, if it's not back it's not coming back. Send it first thing tomorrow, you should have the money by the afternoon.
Busy sending all the slips and stuff now, which I already did with all the info they needed. Guess they didnt see there was attachments. Hope this isn't something that will happen often.

supersunbird

Honorary Master

List of Documents
1 Cardholder Letter
2 Receipt (slips)
3 What was purchased.

What is a cardholder letter?

Kano

I've been trying to activate the Tyme Bank banking app on my Galaxy S7 Edge this whole morning and it does not send the OTP after the screen where you put in the ID number. I called the agent and they say everything works on their side.

Anyone had a similar issue with this?

MirageF1

Expert Member
Hmmm
First time my card was declined early this am, around 6.30am ..both with pin and then tap at a local Shell garage.
Might have been the time of morning, hand held terminal or just Tyme..who knows.

My account fortunately, has not been debited. Yet

Aharon

Executive Member
Hmmm
First time my card was declined early this am, around 6.30am ..both with pin and then tap at a local Shell garage.
Might have been the time of morning, hand held terminal or just Tyme..who knows.

My account fortunately, has not been debited. Yet
It won't if it hasn't already.