Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

Hi. Unfortunately this is glitch with DHA's information logging. If you send through a certified copy of your ID and the change of name confirmation letter, we'll be able to change that for you. The TymeBank Team
It's worth pointing out that there's absolutely zero value to a "certified copy" if you're going to send it electronically.

1. Photocopy (or perhaps scan and print) ID.
2. Head to police station or other commissioner of oaths to certify.
3. Scan the certified copy.
4. Email.

If someone were going to doctor the scan to make it say something it shouldn't, it would be just as easy to do so after step 3 as after step 1. So getting it certified adds no security, just inconvenience.

TymeBank

Just an update on this matter. Telkom has closed all the cases just saying that Tyme bank is not supported. Nicola who was assisting me at Tyme bank has resigned from Tyme Bank and and auto mail returned said she no longer works for Tyme Bank. Telkom just said meh I need to make cash payments and automatically add the R202 rejection fee even though I have already paid over R1000 in just debit order fees since this issue started. They don't want to pay my money back instead say I need to pay 1 month in advance to stop the fee from being added or change banks.

Sigh. WTF is going on at Tyme... @TymeGuy @TymeBank @TymeBank_Team
We've done everything we should to be added to their beneficiary list, but we're not giving up! This has been passed on for even further in-depth investigation as to why it hasn't happened yet. We'll definitely keep you posted, and again we appreciate the fact that you've brought this to our attention.

TymeBank

I have been trying to get my time card in several pop stores, every time get a message "your card should be printed now, but something went wrong"... how many times can something keep going wrong?
There are a couple of things that could cause this. Would you mind sending through a DM with your ID number and letting us which stores you went to? We can have a look at whether it had difficulty retrieving your information from DHA, or if it was a kiosk issue.

Antelope

I cannot seem to delink a device from my account. I'm getting the following error code.
I've unsuccessfully tried using the app and online banking to delink the device.
This could be a security risk, and should ideally never occur.

Error Code: 0400002

IMG_20190425_072358.jpg

cavedog

Honorary Master
It was pay day yesterday so I do all my payments via the card like pay my CC at the store and my Vodacom and Telkom contract at checkers ect and my daily purchases and my card never declines. Maybe I'm just lucky to dodge the times the system acts up.... The card has been so reliable last few months and my EFTs clear in reasonable times too.

WE NEED ONLINE purchases though. You are holding us back Tyme.

MikeCTZA

Expert Member
It was pay day yesterday so I do all my payments via the card like pay my CC at the store and my Vodacom and Telkom contract at checkers ect and my daily purchases and my card never declines. Maybe I'm just lucky to dodge the times the system acts up.... The card has been so reliable last few months and my EFTs clear in reasonable times too.

WE NEED ONLINE purchases though. You are holding us back Tyme.
Can't recall if I posted my update .... I got my decline reversed from the other day so was "happy" again, and today thought ... that seeing as got a major problem sorted at work let me try my luck ... and paid my Electricity/Rates and Telkom at my local Checkers with my Tymebank card (as I had already put the money in there and kinda needed to pay from there or transfer it out) and ... WHEW ... all went through smoothly and worked as expected and it should always.

ibanez

I signed up online and then went to a P&P kiosk to do the bio-metrics and get the card. Received the card, the fingerprint scanner was unable to process my fingerprints; tried a few times, past week at different stores with no success. Reported to their call center and via email. Still awaiting a response. No confirmation sms either.

Did a test eft into my Everday account. Money cleared after 2 days. Transferred the money into my Goalsave, transaction reflected in everyday account but Goalsave balanced remained zero. Reported to call center, received a confirmation sms, fixed the same day.

@TymeGuy @TymeBank

Attachments

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I signed up online and then went to a P&P kiosk to do the bio-metrics and get the card. Received the card, the fingerprint scanner was unable to process my fingerprints; tried a few times, past week at different stores with no success. Reported to their call center and via email. Still awaiting a response. No confirmation sms either.

Did a test eft into my Everday account. Money cleared after 2 days. Transferred the money into my Goalsave, transaction reflected in everyday account but Goalsave balanced remained zero. Reported to call center, received a confirmation sms, fixed the same day.

@TymeGuy @TymeBank
Yeah, I have that issue, sometimes it just fails immediately, I get happy when it takes longer, then I think they are actually talking to Home Affairs, but still fails.

My index or middle fingers would be much better suited to verify.

unobeat

Anyone know if online transactions are enabled yet?

My profile is stuck to the 50k/100k limit because the address the system came up for me was incorrect (old address from 4 years ago) so I typed it in manually. According to more than 1 support person it's simply not possible to get myself onto the top-tier KYC level - but I must "watch this space".

My wife's account is also in her maiden name because their system only found that despite us being married in 2014 and her changing her name/ID etc. also in 2014. They require a certified marriage certificate to change that.

Not sure why they have "officially launched" without a function to change someones address - not even back office.
Have the same issue and i contacted them via Twitter and was told the same that i should 'watch the space'.

Zoomzoom

Expert Member
No I have not and will not. This isn't the first of these magic banks with no fees to pop up and they all fail sooner or later.