Anybody signed up with Tymebank?

jman

Expert Member
Yeah lot what a joke. 3 papers just to create a pin for your card. Madness but everything is sorted now. I had them update my address and do everything so that is probably why it took so long but man what a process. TYME Bank wasn't this bad.
Terrible process, but at least the card will be reliable and you can do online purchases with it

cavedog

Honorary Master
Terrible process, but at least the card will be reliable and you can do online purchases with it
I must say that the new online banking of Nedbank is pretty decent actually and the app is working well and smooth as expected. The account obviously is more expensive. No free cash withdrawals and quite a bit of charges when depositing cash. Debit orders are more expensive. No SMS notifications unless you want to pay 45c per sms notification. No savings pockets like Tyme Bank and no points or rewards unless you do Nedbank greenback which charges a monthly fee I believe so is it really a better card? Might be a bit more reliable but not worth it will see. I''m happy with Tymebank for now especially when my monthly points roll in.

blunt

Expert Member
I must say that the new online banking of Nedbank is pretty decent actually and the app is working well and smooth as expected. The account obviously is more expensive. No free cash withdrawals and quite a bit of charges when depositing cash. Debit orders are more expensive. No SMS notifications unless you want to pay 45c per sms notification. No savings pockets like Tyme Bank and no points or rewards unless you do Nedbank greenback which charges a monthly fee I believe so is it really a better card? Might be a bit more reliable but not worth it will see. I''m happy with Tymebank for now especially when my monthly points roll in.
Quite an ass load of fees with Nedbank. If I was going for low cost and reliable I'd probably still pick Capitec right now. But I'm primarily with FNB, still make over R600 in ebucks a month and with 40% discounted dischem vouchers, free quarterly wimpy, entertainer and slow lounge make it hard to beat despite my dislike for them

cavedog

Honorary Master
Quite an ass load of fees with Nedbank. If I was going for low cost and reliable I'd probably still pick Capitec right now. But I'm primarily with FNB, still make over R600 in ebucks a month and with 40% discounted dischem vouchers, free quarterly wimpy, entertainer and slow lounge make it hard to beat despite my dislike for them
Fair enough. FNB wasn't working well for me so I decided to look elsewhere. The ~R120 or so smartshopper points I earn with Tymebank works for me. Even if you decide to draw from a ATM with Tyme you will still be okay fees wise but with Nedbank you need to make sure to only use another banks ATM as an absolute last resort because the fees are CRAZY. You need to get cash from the till or you are going to get knocked. Debit orders are expensive too so need to avoid those so when you start adding those up it won't beat Tymebank on fees.

Competition is always good so nice to see the No monthly fees accounts :)

Swa

Honorary Master
Capitec is still one of the best fees wise. They've also come down a fair bit with the competition mounting.

Capitec is still one of the best fees wise. They've also come down a fair bit with the competition mounting.
Yeah but I can't get over the fact that 90% of people stand 2 hours in line at atm to get money, with a none capitec atm with no line just around corner or a pick pay which is even cheaper. Not sure if they dumb or just have time to waste lol

It just grind my gears that people do that and there cash deposit atm never works, and it rejects cash most of time when it does work. That's when there is not a 2 hour line to get to the atm lol

Antelope

I've had 2 experiences over the past few days when purchasing an airtime voucher /data bundle and somehow it was double purchased.

It's shouldn't be possible to start the process of purchasing only once and it results in the purchase being made twice, and only receiving both the confirmation smss after it has been processed twice.

The first time I was shown an error when clicking on purchase on the top right of the app, without going back to the prepaid purchase home page, I waited for a few seconds before clicking purchase again, knowing that there was an error, I then received two sms confirming the 2 airtime purchases, and both the amounts were debited from my account.
The smss came at the same time, which I think should be stopped or flagged by their systems,this is besides the fact that I only started the process to purchase one time (meaning selecting the required airtime amount and network and putting the phone number)
They don't have the option of duplicating the purchase once you are on the last screen of the purchase, or once the purchase is done without going through the process of selecting the airtime required and adding the number again, so the system shouldn't allow the same request to be processed again in such a short Tyme period)

I thought it was probably an error that would not repeat itself but was faced with the same situation again, when purchasing a data bundle for a colleague, this time it didn't show any error message and neither did it say that it was processed, when I selected the purchase option , it just remained on the same page, asking me to confirm all the details and click purchase on the top right of the screen again.
I didn't receive any sms so naively thinking that It didn't go through, I tried again and immediately received 2 sms for the purchase and I was double charged again.

I'm just informing of this bug on their system, I don't want to waste my Tyme contacting them once more for a few rands illegally(in my opinion) taken from me, it's not worth the hassle.

I've decided to just use it for what it works for, that is only: swiping, withdrawing and depositing cash, at the moment.

I've sent a message with my details should yourll wish to investigate.

@TymeGuy @TymeBank_Team @TymeBank

TymeBank

I've had 2 experiences over the past few days when purchasing an airtime voucher /data bundle and somehow it was double purchased.

It's shouldn't be possible to start the process of purchasing only once and it results in the purchase being made twice, and only receiving both the confirmation smss after it has been processed twice.

The first time I was shown an error when clicking on purchase on the top right of the app, without going back to the prepaid purchase home page, I waited for a few seconds before clicking purchase again, knowing that there was an error, I then received two sms confirming the 2 airtime purchases, and both the amounts were debited from my account.
The smss came at the same time, which I think should be stopped or flagged by their systems,this is besides the fact that I only started the process to purchase one time (meaning selecting the required airtime amount and network and putting the phone number)
They don't have the option of duplicating the purchase once you are on the last screen of the purchase, or once the purchase is done without going through the process of selecting the airtime required and adding the number again, so the system shouldn't allow the same request to be processed again in such a short Tyme period)

I thought it was probably an error that would not repeat itself but was faced with the same situation again, when purchasing a data bundle for a colleague, this time it didn't show any error message and neither did it say that it was processed, when I selected the purchase option , it just remained on the same page, asking me to confirm all the details and click purchase on the top right of the screen again.
I didn't receive any sms so naively thinking that It didn't go through, I tried again and immediately received 2 sms for the purchase and I was double charged again.

I'm just informing of this bug on their system, I don't want to waste my Tyme contacting them once more for a few rands illegally(in my opinion) taken from me, it's not worth the hassle.

I've decided to just use it for what it works for, that is only: swiping, withdrawing and depositing cash, at the moment.

I've sent a message with my details should yourll wish to investigate.

@TymeGuy @TymeBank_Team @TymeBank
Hi Antelope,

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation of your issue here. We really do appreciate the feedback and will be passing it on to our dev team for further investigation. We are aware of a number of customers experiencing issues when purchasing VAS and are handling them on a case by case basis and making sure any affected accounts are sorted as quickly as possible.

We have got your PM and will make sure it is investigated and your account refunded as soon as possible. We really do apologize. We will respond to your PM as soon as we have a bit more info for you. Thanks for your feedback again, it's really much more useful when we get a more concise breakdown :thumbsup: The TymeBank Team

cr@zydude

Executive Member
TymeBank: You joined, now enjoy the benefits. Spend R200 or more with your TymeBank card at any PnP and get R20 off your next PnP purchase. TCs FSP.....
I got this today as well. Have you used your TymeBank card before? I haven't used it at all but guess I should start now.

diapason

TymeBank: You joined, now enjoy the benefits. Spend R200 or more with your TymeBank card at any PnP and get R20 off your next PnP purchase. TCs FSP.....
I received that SMS, spent a bit over R200 at PnP, and shortly thereafter received another message confirming R20 off my next PnP purchase.

Norrad

Is anyone else not able to transfer funds to their TymeBank account from FNB today? I want to topup my EveryDay account, but the FNB app says the account type is invalid (I've done the same transfer many times in the past) and TymeBank doesn't show up in the listed banks when trying to do the transfer from scratch as a Once Off transfer.

Filosofer

Is anyone else not able to transfer funds to their TymeBank account from FNB today? I want to topup my EveryDay account, but the FNB app says the account type is invalid (I've done the same transfer many times in the past) and TymeBank doesn't show up in the listed banks when trying to do the transfer from scratch as a Once Off transfer.
Did you manage to transfer funds? I just checked and my FNB app still has Tyme bank on the list of banks for once of payments. I haven't tried doing a transfer recently though

TymeBank

Hi guys, first of all, glad you came right here. Just a note on this. Tyme does not reflect as just "Tyme" on FNB, it reflects as follows on these banks:
"Tyme Bank” on Standard Bank’s systems
“Tyme Digital” on First National Bank’s systems
“TYME” on ABSA’s systems
:thumbsup:

rodga

Executive Member
Spot on. Right you are sir! ;)
OK mine is not showing any interest rate changes. Was opened on the 12th of Dec.

Also when will online transactions start working? For a digital bank that is quite an oversight.

We also need fingerprint authentication for the app.