Anyone around Sandton have a good DSLR bag which I could buy

newjourno

Just bought my first DSLR (Samsung Nx300) and looking for a bag. I bought it second hand and it did not come with a bag.

Please let me know if anyone has anything to offer. I work around Atholl Square shopping centre.

newjourno

That's not a DSLR boet.
Ok, I am new to photography and bought this camera to learn photography. I am a Journalist by profession. I never chose to specialize in photography in varsity hence my limited knowledge. Is it still good for taking professional pics? The seller advertised the camera as a DSLR and when I asked him whether it is, he said that "he thinks it is''.

Dave

Honorary Master
Ok, I am new to photography and bought this camera to learn photography. I am a Journalist by profession. I never chose to specialize in photography in varsity hence my limited knowledge. Is it still good for taking professional pics? The seller advertised the camera as a DSLR and when I asked him whether it is, he said that "he thinks it is''.
It's not a DSLR, it's a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (MILC).

You should know that any camera can take professional photos (it just means you were paid for taking the photo, or sold use of the photo).

Even a smart phone can be a professional camera.

http://www.businessinsider.com/best...ategory-for-2013s-iphone-photography-awards-1

newjourno

Ok, I paid R3300 for the camera. Do you think it was a good buy? It seems to be in good working order.

Dave

Honorary Master
Ok, I paid R3300 for the camera. Do you think it was a good buy? It seems to be in good working order.
There are very few bad digital (interchangeable lens) cameras these days, my main criticism with buying a Samsung is you won't find many lenses or other accessories for it, unlike Canon or Nikon DSLR's or Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji, or Sony mirrorless cameras.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Seems like a small enough camera not to need a dedicated camera bag.

What lenses did you get with it?

My main problem with that particular camera would be the lack of a viewfinder but if it works for you that's all that matters.

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
Asks for advice, gets it and then decide not to use it................ As bad decisions go from your initial post asking for advice, I think this is right up there. Fro R3300 you could have bought a camera and a bag of lenses to practice your photographic skills. Also, as stated, your phone now seems to bne a better choice for what you seem to want to do.