Anyone else at the wits end with Afrihost's WhatsApp support?

GDDeJong

I am so incredibly disappointed with the bad attitude of the staff serving clients on Afrihost's WhatApp support.

1. On average it takes over an hour to get a response, sometimes only the next day;
2. Staff make you reset everything before they help (as I haven't tried that before I reached out for help);
3. Tickets are randomly closed and then passed on to the next person and you have to start all over again (see: 1 above)
4. Staff on the WhatsApp are generally rude and are clearly not well trained;
5. Finally, the rude and unhelpful attitude of staff is simply unacceptable! When I ask to chat to a manager or to get someones direct contact information, they end the chat. WTF?!?

@AfriGuy, how to I get the message through to a decision maker that the WhatApp line is not working... for anybody. I'm not looking for an apology (please do not PM me and don't insult me further with another empty gesture). I'm looking for change and I cannot imagine that I'm the only one having this problem?

Can someone please recommend a different service provider who I can actually phone, speak to a human being and get real help and support instead of being rudely blown off all the time at Afrihost.

Last edited:

Aghori

Honorary Master
Most of them are working from home, and with the new lockdown restrictions, are mostly drunk and getting yelled at by wife and dealing with screaming kids so yeah they will be grumpy.

GDDeJong

Phone them .I get the feeling you where rude first then you expect them to give a polite reply with the whole I want to speak to the manager comment .
I have called Afrihost on their listed number (0800-011-000) which now plays a pre-recorded message asking you (among other things) to use the WhatsApp line and then hangs up. I cannot get hold of anyone to talk to and opening support tickets via the ClientZone gets generally the same response but via email.

I feel as if I have exhausted all internal channels to get help, even to get anyone to listen to me.

S.Claus

Expert Member
I have called Afrihost on their listed number (0800-011-000) which now plays a pre-recorded message asking you (among other things) to use the WhatsApp line and then hangs up. I cannot get hold of anyone to talk to and opening support tickets via the ClientZone gets generally the same response but via email.

I feel as if I have exhausted all internal channels to get help, even to get anyone to listen to me.
(010) 822-0452 try this number

momo786

I was very critical of the Afrihost support at the beginning of lockdown - 45 minute wait to speak to someone, non-existent Whatsapp support, etc - which I have posted about on MyBB before. But things have improved greatly in my experience.

Had some issues a few weeks and I was dreading to contact Afrihost. The Whatsapp support response was ok - not too much of a wait. Probably around 5 minutes and very patient to resolve the issue and escalate when needed. I assume one support agent is fielding multiple support requests at the same time which can sometimes result in a delay.

But what I found works wonders is to request a call back via the Afrihost app. Requested a call back twice in the same week and someone called me back within 1 - 2 minutes of logging the call backs. I really wasn't expecting such a prompt response. One issue was a Vumatel problem in the area, but the support agent logged it with Vuma asap and provided the reference number.

At the beginning of lockdown I requested a call back in the morning and someone called back at 9pm! Very happy with the new turnaround, just hope it lasts. I also got the impression that the call back agents are more knowledgeable / helpful than the Whatsapp agents, but I could be wrong - might just be a coincidence.

Try the call back feature via the app if you need something urgently and see how that goes.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I am so incredibly disappointed with the bad attitude of the staff serving clients on Afrihost's WhatApp support.

1. On average it takes over an hour to get a response, sometimes only the next day;
2. Staff make you reset everything before they help (as I haven't tried that before I reached out for help);
3. Tickets are randomly closed and then passed on to the next person and you have to start all over again (see: 1 above)
4. Staff on the WhatsApp are generally rude and are clearly not well trained;
5. Finally, the rude and unhelpful attitude of staff is simply unacceptable! When I ask to chat to a manager or to get someones direct contact information, they end the chat. WTF?!?

@AfriGuy, how to I get the message through to a decision maker that the WhatApp line is not working... for anybody. I'm not looking for an apology (please do not PM me and don't insult me further with another empty gesture). I'm looking for change and I cannot imagine that I'm the only one having this problem?

Can someone please recommend a different service provider who I can actually phone, speak to a human being and get reall help and support instead of being rudely blown off all the time at Afrihost.

Hi,

Sorry for the bad experience you have had with our Whatsapp support line. We have had quite a long queue since yesterday and trying to get back to all clients as soon as possible.

I would like to assist in anyway possible?

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

I have tested all our options on the switchboard and all of them go to the correct department. Whatsapp support is not forced at all and queue time for Hosting is less than 2min and queue time for fibre and connectivity clients is about 5min give or take.

The toll free number runs from 8am to 5pm. Call back requests are completed anytime from 7am to 11pm Monday to Sunday.

The call back queue only have 45 calls in the queue currently which is an average wait time of around 10min or so.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
I was very critical of the Afrihost support at the beginning of lockdown - 45 minute wait to speak to someone, non-existent Whatsapp support, etc - which I have posted about on MyBB before. But things have improved greatly in my experience.

Had some issues a few weeks and I was dreading to contact Afrihost. The Whatsapp support response was ok - not too much of a wait. Probably around 5 minutes and very patient to resolve the issue and escalate when needed. I assume one support agent is fielding multiple support requests at the same time which can sometimes result in a delay.

But what I found works wonders is to request a call back via the Afrihost app. Requested a call back twice in the same week and someone called me back within 1 - 2 minutes of logging the call backs. I really wasn't expecting such a prompt response. One issue was a Vumatel problem in the area, but the support agent logged it with Vuma asap and provided the reference number.

At the beginning of lockdown I requested a call back in the morning and someone called back at 9pm! Very happy with the new turnaround, just hope it lasts. I also got the impression that the call back agents are more knowledgeable / helpful than the Whatsapp agents, but I could be wrong - might just be a coincidence.

Try the call back feature via the app if you need something urgently and see how that goes.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We have boosted all support channels with quite a number of new agents are there are currently a bunch of new agents in training. Our aim is to reduce call wait times to well below 1min.

Whatsapp is getting new teams and new shifts to extend WhatsApp support hours and reduce queue times. WhatsApp gets the most support requests especially during outages and we have focused on getting as much agents there and online as we can.

Each WhatsApp agent chats with up to 5 clients at a time and might cause some delays between responses but the average response time is quite low which I commend the WhatsApp team for.

If there is any suggestions in ways we can improve we always want to hear feedback be it good or bad.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks @AfriGuy, I logged a "Call back" last night and am still to hear back (so about 20 hours later).

Hi,

That is odd there are currently zero call backs in the queue and call back wait time is 15 seconds.

Can you send me your clientzone email address for me to investigate why you did not get a call?

CB40

Expert Member

I called Afrihost yesterday morning and the call was answered within a couple of minutes (might just have been lucky)
Went on to WhatsApp and within about 15 minutes was chatting to the call centre guy who was extremely helpful, and NO I don't work for them :laugh:

SoundRSA

Dealer
I just submitted a call back to Afrihost. Was called back in less than a minute.
Spoke to an incredibly friendly guy.
I told him off the bat that I reset the router, checked the connection, tested on multiple devices.
He jumped straight to action, checked the connection, saw that it was poor on Openservs side (Pure DSL, no idea how its still running), reset the ports.
Went to reset the router and works back at full speed.

I must say though, I have once before encountered some rude staff on whatsapp that just pass you around. Sometimes not answering for hours. This was last year though, I think October or November