Anyone else dealt with this company? Zinia?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.ziniasp.co.za/

They are offering us a 1024 kbps connection with a 1:1 contention ratio. 5 Gb cap and R240 per Gb after that.

1024 kbps for R 1252.84 (Incl. VAT) per month.

The equipment is an iLink Radio Transmitter, with a mast and a 4 hour respoinse service level agreement.

Our 4 mbps ADSL at the office is running really k@k at the moment and they suggest we switch. But they want us to sign a 60 month rental (0% escal.)

Sounds nice, but a bit too pricey for us, despite the guaranteed speed.

rebel998

Expert Member
Never but I see they put their MD's e-mail adress on their site.

Thats a positive sign?:D

deweyzeph

Executive Member
http://www.ziniasp.co.za/

They are offering us a 1024 kbps connection with a 1:1 contention ratio. 5 Gb cap and R240 per Gb after that.

1024 kbps for R 1252.84 (Incl. VAT) per month.

The equipment is an iLink Radio Transmitter, with a mast and a 4 hour respoinse service level agreement.

Our 4 mbps ADSL at the office is running really k@k at the moment and they suggest we switch. But they want us to sign a 60 month rental (0% escal.)

Sounds nice, but a bit too pricey for us, despite the guaranteed speed.

1.) R240 per GIG? They must be smoking some strong stuff up at Zinia.
2.) Absolutely no coverage in Cape Town.
3.) Have to sign a contract? Come on, the days of strong-arming your clients into a contract are long gone.

paul5186

Expert Member
Seems to me like an absolute rip off.

We run a wireless network in Cape Town. (CBD, Atlantic, Southern, Northern, Somerset West etc) (We have not yet branched out)
1) All hardware is the latest microtik equipment
2) R3800inc for hardware (includes dish, router etc) and installation. You own the hardware
3) line rental for up to 5.0 Mbps down & upstream and 5Gb unshaped is R995inc per month
4) Extra bandwidth is charged at R69inc per GB
4) Fixed globally routable IP addresses are available at no extra costs.

Im not to sure how they propose R240 per GIG.
They seem to cover huge areas, I would love to know how they arranged this? Do they have highsite rental agreements etc? Ive never heard of them which is why I would love to speak to them and see how they network is run etc...

steviedee

We use Zinia.
They use Bitco for our internet access and voice.
Absolutely terrible service, really bad product quality.
They make me weep daily.

WarrenZinia

Hi Stevie,
Bitco is one of the networks we represent, along with Vodacom, Neotel, Telkom and our own network. Please let me know what your issues are so I can resolve. If you not enjoying Bitco I will gladly swop services.

Regards

Warren

WarrenZinia

Steve I have done some research and see you from Rapid Studio. A Nymbis client and not a Zinia client. We have been outsourced to assist with service to their client base. Please kindly refrain from negatively referring to Zinia. I will contact you tomorrow to discuss a way to get you on track

SYNERGY

Executive Member
Steve I have done some research and see you from Rapid Studio. A Nymbis client and not a Zinia client. We have been outsourced to assist with service to their client base. Please kindly refrain from negatively referring to Zinia. I will contact you tomorrow to discuss a way to get you on track
You're gonna get a boo boo for publicly naming his company etc

WarrenZinia

My intention is to engage and resolve. My business was publicly named incorrectly as well

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
My intention is to engage and resolve. My business was publicly named incorrectly as well
How was your company incorrectly named? :erm:

And if you want to represent your company on this forum, you need to contact the site owner rpm by private message so that he can do the necessary paperwork and give you a company rep username.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
How was your company incorrectly named? :erm:

And if you want to represent your company on this forum, you need to contact the site owner rpm by private message so that he can do the necessary paperwork and give you a company rep username.
He doesn't need to. Just makes it easier for us to identify them.

BitCo

BitCo representative
Company Rep
Hi All,

BitCo here responding with regards to Zinia. As I am sure you all know we are certainly not new to these forums :)

We work with Zinia and they use a multitude of products across our National network in conjunction with their own Network.

I can confirm they are a reputable business and are fully committed to work with BitCo in resolving any concerns customers experience with our products.

We are scheduled to meet with the customer mentioned above this week and I am confident our technical teams will determine where the root cause lies and resolve it.

Please also feel free to PM us if you would like any further info or assistance with any BitCo service

Mike