Anyone ever ordered anything from FC-Moto before?

deweyzeph

Executive Member
So I want to order a motorcycle helmet that is not available in South Africa from a German online motorcycle shop called FC-Moto:

Has anyone on this forum ever ordered anything from them? I know they are a reputable brand in Germany, but my main concern is this:

Which parcel service are you using for shipments?
  • We use DHL and UPS as our shipping partners.
  • DHL will hand over the parcel to the national mail service of the destination country, who will then be responsible for the final delivery.
  • UPS will deliver to the front door in the destination country.

Despite the above, when you checkout from South Africa, only DHL comes up as a delivery option. For obvious reasons I do not want my parcel to go anywhere near the SA Post Office, and I want door to door delivery. However I have tried contacting them to explain my concerns about how dysfunctional the SA Post Office is and that if the parcel makes it's way into the SA postal system there is every chance that I will never receive it. Bottom line is that they cannot give me any guarantee that the parcel will be shipped door to door. I'm ready to just walk away, but I was wondering if any motorcyclists on this forum have ever ordered anything from them successfully.

Arex

I have bought from them 2 or 3 years ago, I ordered an Alpinestars leather jacket as it was much cheaper than buying it in SA, they shipped it and it came within a few weeks (cant remember with who but it was door to door), Just be careful of the customs vat and duties you will have to pay on it.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Thanks guys. I've seen the same helmet for sale on Amazon.com so I'm going to rather go with them because they can guarantee door-to-door delivery. FC-Moto was absolutely useless and did not seem in the slightest bit concerned that they lost a customer because they couldn't confirm a simple thing like how the delivery would happen.

Tun@

Expert Member
That DHL service works okay , it's DHL Parcel - generally a month to receive

Given Given Maringa

I have bought from them 2 or 3 years ago, I ordered an Alpinestars leather jacket as it was much cheaper than buying it in SA, they shipped it and it came within a few weeks (cant remember with who but it was door to door), Just be careful of the customs vat and duties you will have to pay on it.
Good day I want to buy a Jacket from FC moto how much was the customs cost and tax ?

Arex

Good day I want to buy a Jacket from FC moto how much was the customs cost and tax ?

The Alpinestars jacket i bought was approximately R3000+, the Duties and VAT came to approximately R2000 - R2500, Its insanely high as i believe duties are 45% on clothing and 15% on VAT or somewhere around there