Anyone have a USB->Serial Baofeng Radio programming cable?

agentrfr

Expert Member
Does anyone have one of these lying around, or know of someone working at a security company that uses Baofeng radios?

Will buy you a coffee :)

My parents bought two pairs of UV-5R 888S radios from One Day Only to use out where they stay to talk to tennants (cell signal bad even with boosters, internet is fibre but falls over from time to time), but they're useless without being able to set a tone squelch (CTCSS) to "pair" the radios together. Up on the hill they can pick up everyone and their dog on all 16 channels on the public use 446 MHz band. Everything from mines 30km away talking about a clogged bin to security guards at the parking lot at a shopping centre.

I literally need it for 10 seconds to do 4 radios. I can order from china for 3 USD incl, but thatll take at least 2 months to get here :<

Thank ya :D

Edit: I'm in Sandton/Bryanston area

agentrfr

Expert Member

agentrfr

Expert Member
Actually, it looks like the CP2102 runs the Tx and Rx at 3.3V, while the PL2303 runs at 5V.

I wish they'd put that sort of thing on the main description page :/

Anywho, thank you.

I'll post pics when I hack it together later in the week

RuhanSA079

Actually, it looks like the CP2102 runs the Tx and Rx at 3.3V, while the PL2303 runs at 5V.

I wish they'd put that sort of thing on the main description page :/

Anywho, thank you.

I'll post pics when I hack it together later in the week
I would rather run the TTL serial levels at 3.3v to be safe, but you can have a look at Micro Robotics website, I have bought a USB to TTL adaptor from them, you can set the TTL and supply voltage with a jumper. I flashed many 3.3v and 5v things with this little guy, incuding the ESP8266 Sonoff devices. Very useful. Here --> https://www.robotics.org.za/W11324 ?search=TTL USB