Anyone here with Vodacom Business LTE ?

Nyt Ryda

Good morning everyone,

Anyone here using Vodacom Business LTE ? How is it ?
I see it is 10:1 contention ratio, what are the real life speeds ?

I was looking at their 40Mbps uncapped Business LTE but I don't really want to pay R1700+ and be stuck with their "guaranteed minimum" of 4Mbps.

webyep

Good morning everyone,

Anyone here using Vodacom Business LTE ? How is it ?
I see it is 10:1 contention ratio, what are the real life speeds ?

I was looking at their 40Mbps uncapped Business LTE but I don't really want to pay R1700+ and be stuck with their "guaranteed minimum" of 4Mbps.
Good morning

There is no uncapped business LTE AFAIK.

Vodacom does have two uncapped business wireless services (non-LTE):
  • Business Wireless - Point-to-point to Vodacom Tower
  • Business Connect - Point-to-point to Vodacom on a non-Vodacom tower
From my understanding, Business Wireless is supposed to be more reliable than LTE.
I'll send you a PM with details of someone who would be able to give input on the real-life speeds etc.

Cheers,
webyep

Last edited:

Nyt Ryda

Good morning

There is no uncapped business LTE AFAIK.

Vodacom does have two uncapped business wireless services (non-LTE):
  • Business Wireless - Point-to-point to Vodacom Tower
  • Business Connect - Point-to-point to Vodacom on a non-Vodacom tower
From my understanding, Business Wireless is supposed to be more reliable than LTE.
I'll send you a PM with details of someone who would be able to give input on the real-life speeds etc.

Cheers,
webyep
Thanks, I do see that Business Wireless needs line of sight and that might be a problem for my address as there are a lot of trees.

I think I will have to look at the capped Business LTE instead.

DarshanN95

Hey any chance anyone can post those results?? I'm keen to see what they offer too

kolaval

Expert Member
Have the wireless at work it's fine.
Down during loadshedding ( phone calls and data as well though)
Had the LTE at home, was fine but a that time it was R650 for 40GB so when I found a wisp that would take the chance I went that route.

DarshanN95

Had the LTE at home, was fine but a that time it was R650 for 40GB so when I found a wisp that would take the chance I went that route.
Do you think it would suitable for a home internet connection? I don’t see anything mentioning shaping or throttling at non business hours

kolaval

Expert Member
Do you think it would suitable for a home internet connection? I don’t see anything mentioning shaping or throttling at non business hours
Yup, no issues with newsservers/youtube/netflix etc
FUP

But if they can go for the wireless?
Esp if you have kids that watch netflix/youtube

Eric

Honorary Master
Looks like it's changed considerably since then

1589459389314.png

200+200 for R629... sure it's a 24 month contract, but I believe they do offer shorter terms and you can change within the Vodacom group without penalties.

Last edited:

Eric

Honorary Master
Wireless costs (500Gb FUP):

1589460881235.png

Last edited:

mozammil09

The 100gb for 229pm is a good deal, what are the requirements to apply? Do you need business documents or can you apply like a regular customer?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
The 100gb for 229pm is a good deal, what are the requirements to apply? Do you need business documents or can you apply like a regular customer?
We used to be able to sell this to personal account holders, but Vodacom have stopped that now. We can only sell it to Business accounts.

Nyt Ryda

We used to be able to sell this to personal account holders, but Vodacom have stopped that now. We can only sell it to Business accounts.
:crying:
Thanks for letting us know.
Very disappointed as I was looking at the business LTE deals as some of the home LTE deals just don't offer enough data for at home.

@Ockie
I see this would be the closest to the data in the business packages.
I am wary of going for a 36 month contract when I have no idea how high the speed will actually be once installed. Do you know what their policies are regarding speed and cancellation if it is not suitable for intended purposes ?
Vodacom LTE.PNG.

Rizzler

:crying:
Thanks for letting us know.
Very disappointed as I was looking at the business LTE deals as some of the home LTE deals just don't offer enough data for at home.

@Ockie
I see this would be the closest to the data in the business packages.
I am wary of going for a 36 month contract when I have no idea how high the speed will actually be once installed. Do you know what their policies are regarding speed and cancellation if it is not suitable for intended purposes ?
View attachment 842683.
They'll just tell you that you should have checked your area for coverage first