Anyone using a reliable online sportsbetting site?

Trent242

As the title says, is there anyone that uses a reliable online sportsbetting site? What site? Preferrably South African.

(With reliable I'm specifically referring to method of depositing funds into their account. Is it okay to use my debit card to pay? I dont trust this SID or I-Pay instant eft)

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
As the title says, is there anyone that uses a reliable online sportsbetting site? What site? Preferrably South African.
(With reliable I'm specifically referring to method of depositing funds into their account. Is it okay to use my debit card to pay? I dont trust this SID or I-Pay instant eft)

Londo

I have placed bets online with Hollywoodbets and World Sports Betting. No issues depositing money. I use my credit card.

I have had hassles keeping my FICA up to date with Hollywoodbets. I prefer the World Sports Betting website.

Trent242

The Hollywoodbets site doesn't seem to be too user friendly. I used BetXchange in the past, they allowed for (at the time) for standard EFT payments. But their odds are horrendous.

I registered earlier, and FICA'd, on the Scorebet site. But their deposit options are only Debit/Credit and the Instant EFT methods. Haven't deposited yet. Too scared to give my details, LOL.

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Marshalls World of Sport
and Sunbet, both good.

And yes, online sports betting is legal.

Last edited:

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
www.sportsbet.co.za been using them for couple of years. They have direct (credit) card deposits and several other forms. I use them, though I'm unsure how safe they are. My card is 6 months old or so and I've used it on Sportsbet.co.za, Takealot, VCPay and BoB only as far as I can recall and use the Card No, Exp date + CVV. Last month I received (I'm with FNB) declined messages of failed/declined attempts at purchasing 2 x return flights (from the USA) worth R15k and R17k, luckily I didn't have that amount in my main account that time.

So, I dunno how that happened and my card has never (quite sure) been exposed to anyone in the public, tread lightly (although I've used SID on several platforms).

Trent242

www.sportsbet.co.za been using them for couple of years. They have direct (credit) card deposits and several other forms. I use them, though I'm unsure how safe they are. My card is 6 months old or so and I've used it on Sportsbet.co.za, Takealot, VCPay and BoB only as far as I can recall and use the Card No, Exp date + CVV. Last month I received (I'm with FNB) declined messages of failed/declined attempts at purchasing 2 x return flights (from the USA) worth R15k and R17k, luckily I didn't have that amount in my main account that time.

So, I dunno how that happened and my card has never (quite sure) been exposed to anyone in the public, tread lightly (although I've used SID on several platforms).

Thats scary!

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Hollywood is legit, site has been around since 2006 and gone through a couple of iterations. Backed by a business that's been running for 30+ years.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
So does anyone make decent money from sports betting?
I'm reassessing whether to bet on games more frequently. The Springbok game made realise this on Saturday :D

I had three wagers and lost them all!!
1. The Boks to win
2. Winning margin 1 - 12
3. First team to get to 10 points: neither

Trent242

I registered with Betway. They have a local portal. Deposited R200 via debit card. After my weekend wagers I'm on R266.80 LOL. But I'm only betting R5 at a time.
I'm doing this purely for fun, trying to make my predictions using only maths and historical data. Leaving "gut feel" and emotion out of it.

Charl10

I've used Sunbet since 2015...

Haven't bet in quite a while though, but when I was doing so regularly I never had any issues with them whatsoever.