Anyone with fibre network expertise, need your input please.

Lukitz

Cool Ideas is my ISP with Clear Access as the FNO.
I have been testing with MTR and have been having sporadic 10% packet loss via an ethernet cable and a consistent 1-2% on the line.

A Clear Access technician came to look at the line and he says that he ran tests through the Clear Access network and has no packet loss.
It is possible that there is some issue with the routing or some thing on the Cool Ideas network?

I'm thinking about asking CA for a trial run just through their network to see if I have the same issue?

Thanks for reading.

Lukitz

Hi PBCool,

I do have.
#COOL-20201011-525297

Attachments

• 12 Oct 2020 MTR.TXT
    1.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 23 Oct 2020 MTR.TXT
    1.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 24 Oct 2020 MTR.TXT
    1.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Europe Server 2.TXT
    1.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Europe Server.TXT
    1.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Europer Server 3.TXT
    1.6 KB · Views: 3

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master
My inlaws were experiencing similar packet loss until I replaced their router.
I didnt expect it to make a difference as the previous one was less than a year old, but its been perfect since then.
Might be worth testing another router if you have one available.

Lukitz

I had no issues with the previous apartment SADV and CI.
I bypassed the router by connecting the ONT directly into the computer. So I don't think its the router.
Also don't have a spare haha.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I had no issues with the previous apartment SADV and CI.
I bypassed the router by connecting the ONT directly into the computer. So I don't think its the router.
Also don't have a spare haha.

What's your line speed? Some routers drop packets because their CPU's can't handle the line speed.

SpaceCowboy-D

Thanks looking at all of those the loss originates between yourself and our router which would go back to clearaccess @SpaceCowboy-D can you investigate and assist?
10/10, its an Archer C20

I see that one our our support agents have been communicating with you.

From the tests you have done directly to the ONT, there is substantial packet loss, but like PBCool stated, it definitely seems like this is on your last mile.

We will touch base with the Clear Access team for a further follow up on this.

Lukitz

I see that one our our support agents have been communicating with you.

From the tests you have done directly to the ONT, there is substantial packet loss, but like PBCool stated, it definitely seems like this is on your last mile.

We will touch base with the Clear Access team for a further follow up on this.
Thank you SpaceCowBoy, please communicate that with them.

angelofsmalldeath

Cool Ideas is my ISP with Clear Access as the FNO.
I have been testing with MTR and have been having sporadic 10% packet loss via an ethernet cable and a consistent 1-2% on the line.

A Clear Access technician came to look at the line and he says that he ran tests through the Clear Access network and has no packet loss.
It is possible that there is some issue with the routing or some thing on the Cool Ideas network?

I'm thinking about asking CA for a trial run just through their network to see if I have the same issue?

Thanks for reading.
Terrible service and general knowledge. We were beyond surprised that a company that deals in internet related products and services had so little knowledge of them. Watch out for them pushing sales onto people without the knowledge. They have no problem putting the phone down too and they are not shy about making it clear that you are bothering them. We are still in shock about the call and the SEVERE lack of service. Get ANYONE else!