Apartheid spy teaching history at Westerford High

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Cape Town – Questions have been raised about the employment of a former apartheid spy as the head of history at one of the top schools in the province, Westerford High.

Gordon Brookbanks has been at the Rondebosch institution for more than a decade.

At the time of his appointment, reservations were raised by the SGB and others, but, according to a source, parents were unaware of Brookbanks’ involvement in the Security Branch, recruitment of spies and exiled South Africans.
Link

John Tempus

Expert Member
We have Apartheid terrorists at the ANC who became president even though they were masterminds behind killing many many innocent people in public bombings really no different to what taliban and others are doing with IED's fighting for what they believe were correct in any way they see fit.

If we allow that to happen then we may as well let bygones be bygones and let the other side of the fence live their live how they wish.

I suppose only the ones running the show get to decide which crimes everyone should care about.

ps. I still want to see where the Apartheid government went into areas and planted bombs to kill innocent people, you wont find it.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
Saw the headline billboard while driving yesterday. Any link with IOL in it, I no longer take seriously. Slow news day, manufacture some controversy!?

Reactions: ES1

FNfal

Executive Member
so was being a spy for the old government a crime ? .
If he committed no crimes and is a teacher , so what ? .
A hell of a lot of of freedom fighters were turned and in the employ of the old government .
People must move on and worry about what really matters .

ForceFate

Honorary Master
/shrug

If he's a good history teacher and doesn't try any of the spy stuff on kids, then why not?