Apex Legends - Battle Royale/Hero shooter from creators of Titanfall

lunch

This free-to-play game has had a pretty silent release https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends

Respawn entertainment's reasoning for a surprise release was that they wanted to let the game speak for itself rather than spending months trying to convince a skeptical audience that a new BR game is a good thing.

It looks like an interesting blend of BR and hero shooter, with 8 distinct characters all with different abilities and ultimates. There are 2 key features that people are raving about:

• Ping system (ping weapons, enemies etc. for your teammates
  • Revive banner mechanic (if someone dies then you have a few seconds to grab your allies Banner. If you managed to obtain this before the timer expires, then you can bring it to a revive station on the map)

Has anybody played it yet and can comment on latency for SA players?

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I wouldn't call sponsored videos by relatively well known Youtubers (Jackfrags that I know of so far) as a silent release.
They are full of **** with that statement.

Recallza

I wouldn't call sponsored videos by relatively well known Youtubers (Jackfrags that I know of so far) as a silent release.
They are full of **** with that statement.
I agree, it definitely wasn't a silent release.. Every popular streamer last night was playing this game when it launched and I'm sure majority of them were sponsored.

Good hype though

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
I agree, it definitely wasn't a silent release.. Every popular streamer last night was playing this game when it launched and I'm sure majority of them were sponsored.

Good hype though

Did Dr. Disrespect play?

Looking forward to another whining montage from Twitch's biggest whiner.

Surv0

Executive Member
Everywhere games are talked about, somebody has to start name dropping streamers like it makes them more relevant.. Fk streamers...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Been no 1 on twitch since launch with Ninja, Timtheman and dr lupo playing it. All fortnite pros so we will see how long it lasts. Looks good though.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Everywhere games are talked about, somebody has to start name dropping streamers like it makes them more relevant.. Fk streamers...
They are the greatest influencers of modern day gaming.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Been no 1 on twitch since launch with Ninja, Timtheman and dr lupo playing it. All fortnite pros so we will see how long it lasts. Looks good though.
You should've seen the numbers last night when Shroud was playing, he was in a squad with another retired CSGO pro and another guy I don't know but last I heard they got 37 wins.

cavedog

Honorary Master
You should've seen the numbers last night when Shroud was playing, he was in a squad with another retired CSGO pro and another guy I don't know but last I heard they got 37 wins.

I was watching shroud this morning on my phone at work. Game looks good. Can't wait to get into it.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I was watching shroud this morning on my phone at work. Game looks good. Can't wait to get into it.
I played a couple and it felt good, I will just have to get used to the TTK and remember everything is projectile not hitscan.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
But it's EA :sick::sick: I don't trust them when they say free.
They want to do a Fortnite, so cosmetics and a Battle Pass which of course are optional but there is one EA thing I did see, two of the Legends you can pay to unlock immediately or you can grind to unlock them.

cavedog

Honorary Master
They want to do a Fortnite, so cosmetics and a Battle Pass which of course are optional but there is one EA thing I did see, two of the Legends you can pay to unlock immediately or you can grind to unlock them.

Ahhh I knew it. That said it does look semi decent although I HATE br games

cavedog

Honorary Master
Didn't you play Fortnite real hard at one point, you don't have to build this time and it's FPS.

No I quit fortnite pretty quickly once building started getting the ONLY way to win a game. I'm not a fan of battle royale games because you get flanked done game over. Most other games like moba, racing or fps you have a 1 in 2 chances of winning. Really enjoying Onrush, League of Legends, Paladins and on mobile Brawstars, Vainglory and Mobile Legends.