Apex Legends - Battle Royale/Hero shooter from creators of Titanfall

DiabloDane

I suck so bad. Level 5, 0 kills.
I've only been playing with randoms, but a lot of those have been South Africans, so it seems as if they're trying to match people with similar pings?
In any event, my suckiness endures.
feel free to add me boet, MrBenn420

kolaval

Expert Member
Is FPS not really for thing or?
Nope I just suck and lag is an issue.

Also teamwork makes a huge difference.
If I'm not team leader I'll follow and help out.
If I'm team leader I try to land in places with lots of guns, ping better shields etc.
But people tend to go off on their own, which leaves you 2 or 1 against other teams.

DiabloDane

Nope I just suck and lag is an issue.

Also teamwork makes a huge difference.
If I'm not team leader I'll follow and help out.
If I'm team leader I try to land in places with lots of guns, ping better shields etc.
But people tend to go off on their own, which leaves you 2 or 1 against other teams.

MrBenn420 if you wanna add me bru

egenis

I'm so close to actually killing at least 1 person in 2 hours...
Played this morning for about an hour and a half - 1 kill and 3 knockdowns and many, many, many deaths!
I suck at this game but yet still great fun to play.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Played this morning for about an hour and a half - 1 kill and 3 knockdowns and many, many, many deaths!
Not necessarily that you are bad. The game's netcode is horrendous and our latency to the servers don't help.
I enjoyed the game for the week or two I played, but abandoned it shortly after season 1 and never looked back.

Got sick of the cheap deaths, and shots clearly on target not registering.
Became more of a frustrating experience than a enjoyable one.

The Voice

Executive Member
My only advice to you as a noob may seem counterproductive, but will only benefit you in the longrun: drop hot until you get good. Stay away from ranked for a while. Drop Skulltown/bluezone. Die. A lot. Loot quickly. Die some more. Kill. A lot. Get used to every weapon in the game until you find the load out that works for YOU. Dropping hot forces you to work on your positioning, teamwork and your aim. You learn to loot quickly and effectively.

There is no hit scan in this game (apart from Havoc with the hop up I think) so you need to learn about bullet drop, leading, tracking, etc.

Learn WHEN to engage, and when to run away to fight another day - thinking about taking on that guy with the Longbow who's 300m away with your R-99? Don't.

Learn when to stop shooting to heal/shield up - behind cover.

Learn to flank instead of running directly into a team.

Learn what to loot and what to leave behind. You don't need 12 syringes. You don't need 400 light ammo. Dead players give better loot than any container.

egenis

My only advice to you as a noob may seem counterproductive, but will only benefit you in the longrun: drop hot until you get good. Stay away from ranked for a while. Drop Skulltown/bluezone. Die. A lot. Loot quickly. Die some more. Kill. A lot. Get used to every weapon in the game until you find the load out that works for YOU. Dropping hot forces you to work on your positioning, teamwork and your aim. You learn to loot quickly and effectively.

There is no hit scan in this game (apart from Havoc with the hop up I think) so you need to learn about bullet drop, leading, tracking, etc.

Learn WHEN to engage, and when to run away to fight another day - thinking about taking on that guy with the Longbow who's 300m away with your R-99? Don't.

Learn what to loot and what to leave behind. You don't need 12 syringes. You don't need 400 light ammo. Dead players give better loot than any container.

Good advice! But I noticed that your team also plays a big role - useless team useless game. But they probably say the same of me :laugh:

DiabloDane

awesome!!!

prOd

Expert Member
Ok...finally made it into platinum. Gold 2/3 felt like a massive slog D:

The Voice

Executive Member
Well looks like EA just went full EA with the update. Almost $200 to unlock all new skins (ONE per crate). And then another $40 for the heirloom. And remember, for a limited time only!