Apple’s streaming service won’t be free – Report

eg2505

Honorary Master
got to make their bucks somehow, I mean Itunes does not make that much money,
new Iphones dont make as much money as they used to.
so they have to make money somehow

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
dude, seriously.. do some research before you spout off.

Apple have been making more and more money each year... Services like Apple Music etc (which are inside iTunes) brought them in $10 billion last year alone.

and around 55% of their revenue of around $260 billion comes from the iPhone line of products.

Thor

Honorary Master
With all the original content on netflix and hulu and amazon I can't say I am wow'ed by Apple's new 'innovation'

R13...

Honorary Master
With all the original content on netflix and hulu and amazon I can't say I am wow'ed by Apple's new 'innovation'
You'd do well to first find out what they're offering before deciding to be wowed or not. The market is probably a bit saturated with every studio and their dog splitting off and offering their own streaming service instead of sticking to the content creator only model. I suspect the current forerunners in streamers are bringing down prices so studios realise broadcast TV model and its revenue will soon die off and the only way to make money is when you control the entirety of the supply chain.

cerebus

Honorary Master
All I really want is for them to bundle the existing streaming services together a la carte and provide some kind of unifying interface and/or SSO. Give me HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime in one interface for $40-50 and I'll be happy to pay.

R13...

Honorary Master
All I really want is for them to bundle the existing streaming services together a la carte and provide some kind of unifying interface and/or SSO. Give me HBO, Netflix, Hulu, Prime in one interface for $40-50 and I'll be happy to pay.
Not sure the current Apple execs have Jobs' clout to bring something like that as he was able to with iTunes (but that was probably also an easier time as the service was the first of its kind). Now, Apple have to contend with companies who see them as potential competitors - and they'd be trying to make money unlike how iTunes started as a loss leader for selling iPods.

Pitbull

Verboten
Was there ever any doubt? This is Apple guys... The same people who charge R 700 for a lightning charging cable :D

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Was there ever any doubt? This is Apple guys... The same people who charge R 700 for a lightning charging cable :D

What's more disgraceful is that Apple seems to refuse to ditch the Lightning cable on iPhone. The new iPad Pros have USB-C now, but presumably due to costly licensing paid by countless accessory partners, Apple will keep the stupid Lightning connector in the iPhone. Literally no one wants a special cable type for a single device.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Why would people expect a streaming service to be free?

Possibly not free, but bundled with Apple Music for a new service that stays at $10pm. Which isn't what I'm expecting, but perhaps what many others are.

genetic

Honorary Master
got to make their bucks somehow, I mean Itunes does not make that much money,
new Iphones dont make as much money as they used to.
so they have to make money somehow

Got any facts to back this up, or just spewing BS again?

eg2505

Honorary Master

yip, apple would charge you R800 for a dust cap it them made an apple one.

quovadis

Executive Member

Kinda nailed that one ;)