Apple announces AI play - "Apple Intelligence"

Because overlaying Reminders into Calendars I can see as being quite a positive workflow change. It makes a lot of sense to have time linked Reminders showing up there.

Because I’m a leftie and it’s never worked quite as well for me as I would have liked and it seems like some of the new features may improve/assist with that.

@SauRoNZA just tell me why you want a camera in a cellphone? It’s a simple question and I’ve seen you mention cellphone cameras before.

But you can’t tell me?

You’re just a troll

@SauRoNZA just tell me why you want a camera in a cellphone? It’s a simple question and I’ve seen you mention cellphone cameras before.

But you can’t tell me?

You’re just a troll
Simple thing to answer.

Means I don’t need to carry another device.
Means my photos are safe and digital almost instantly.
Makes sharing them much simpler.
It’s always with me.

See it’s very simple to quantify things if you make a simple effort to address the question.

Your diversions are clear for everyone to see, as always.

So you’ve harped on about this “problem” this entire thread and many threads before it relentlessly, but you can’t actually define the problem?

You really are nothing more than a troll.
It’s a dumb question to ask why a better or more consistent experience is wanted or needed. That’s exactly what you’re saying :

‘I’m aware that it could make things easier - but why would you want that? Can you give me a reason? Ha! You can’t and thus you’re a troll’

Means I don’t need to carry another device.
Who cares? Carry the second device. It takes better photos anyway
Means my photos are safe and digital almost instantly.
Just transfer when you get home and keep them safe in the cloud.
Makes sharing them much simpler.
When they’re in the cloud, sharing is the same effort
It’s always with me.
See answer one

You haven’t actually given me a real answer to my simple question - and thus, you’re a troll

It’s a dumb question to ask why a better or more consistent experience is wanted or needed. That’s exactly what you’re saying :

‘I’m aware that it could make things easier - but why would you want that? Can you give me a reason? Ha! You can’t and thus you’re a troll’
That was never the question I asked.

So I can’t understand why you are unwilling to answer the simple question and continue to divert with other completely unrelated stuff.

I’m not aware why it could make things easier. Hence the question and why I want you to logically explain it. But you insist on dodging the question.

I’m not aware why it could make things easier. Hence the question and why I want you to logically explain it. But you insist on dodging the question.
I think I’ve answered like 4 times.

It really comes down to making the it easier to use & more consistent.

But if that’s not a priority for you, then obviously you won’t accept the answer.

Apple knocked it out the park this year! I’ve never been so happy watching! They’re really just leaving everyone else in the dust.

Apple knocked it out the park this year! I’ve never been so happy watching! They’re really just leaving everyone else in the dust.
Agreed.

They have this feature that can remove objects from a photo seamlessly. It identifies parts of an image that can be erased (ie people in the back) and BOOM - they’re gone!

I see that you can also now move icons around the screen where you want them. It’s unreal to watch just now far ahead they are

Agreed.

They have this feature that can remove objects from a photo seamlessly. It identifies parts of an image that can be erased (ie people in the back) and BOOM - they’re gone!

I see that you can also now move icons around the screen where you want them. It’s unreal to watch just now far ahead they are
silly “we did it first” implementations of functionality on half baked devices that are unreliable is hardly comparable to perfecting a function and releasing it on a platform so awesome it can only be called magic. :)

silly “we did it first” implementations of functionality on half baked devices that are unreliable is hardly comparable to perfecting a function and releasing it on a platform so awesome it can only be called magic. :)
I must actually take a photo ; copy it to my Android & remove the same background person on the Android and iPhone.

We can maybe do it 10 times and you can guess if it was done on the half baked platform or the magical one?

Deal?

I must actually take a photo ; copy it to my Android & remove the same background person on the Android and iPhone.

We can maybe do it 10 times and you can guess if it was done on the half baked platform or the magical one?

Deal?
No thanks. That’s like asking me if I want to step into a Toyota to see that it can also blow a horn like my Bugatti.

No thanks. That’s like asking me if I want to step into a Toyota to see that it can also blow a horn like my Bugatti.
It’s actually just trying to see if you can identify AI on either platform.

It’s not easier to use.
Why?

Imagine a photo that is in the same place regardless of the app? And you scroll the same direction to find it, regardless of where you open it?

You don’t think it’s easier than sometimes the photo is in different places and sometimes you scroll up and other times you scroll down?

Sure - you don’t need it and the chaos works if you don’t have an option, but I can’t see why it wouldn’t be easier

I think I’ve answered like 4 times.

It really comes down to making the it easier to use & more consistent.

But if that’s not a priority for you, then obviously you won’t accept the answer.
You haven’t explained anything.

How does it make it easier to use?

Consistency does not mean simply making everything the same and making everything the same doesn’t automatically make it easier.

Also we aren’t just talking same device consistency here, we are talking about an entire ecosystem. What may not seem consistent on the same device is likely consistent across devices which matters more especially if it affects usability.

You see this all very one dimensionally from a single use experience, the rest of us see this over decades across multiple devices and iterations.

We are at iOS18, that means many of us have used this system for SEVENTEEN years.

Others have used MacOS before it was even called MacOS, literally decades.

Quite literally you are a child trying to tell the adults how they should be playing with their toys.

Why?

Imagine a photo that is in the same place regardless of the app? And you scroll the same direction to find it, regardless of where you open it?

You don’t think it’s easier than sometimes the photo is in different places and sometimes you scroll up and other times you scroll down?

Sure - you don’t need it and the chaos works if you don’t have an option, but I can’t see why it wouldn’t be easier

Literally have never ever once thought to myself “hmm this is weird, it’s scrolling the wrong way”.

It’s simply so intuitive that this is a non-event.

It’s intentionally implemented like this to word across different sized devices, for different sized hands for different app use cases.

It would make absolutely no sense for photos to pop in from the bottom of Mail and then needing to scroll all the way down to have your new photos at the bottom (by the way the scroll direction would be the same)

It makes no sense to have your newest photos at the top of your Photos app as you are making it incredibly hard to use adding a massive stretch and cutting out single handed use entirely.

More so on an iPad where your grip is even more limited you want your scrolling interface to work from the bottom.

Why don’t we have the keyboard at the top of the screen? For exactly the same reasons.

Having a photo in the same “place” is not context aware at all and is completely devoid of intuitive design. Humans are not robots, intuitive means placing things where the user expect them to be and where they can work with them easily…not just putting it in the same place everywhere.

Consistency to me is the logic of the UX design being intuitive across the board and I get exactly that from all Apple’s platforms and not at all from others.

Just making things the same everywhere is not consistency because devices aren’t the same and UX needs to adapt between them while also remaining intuitive and retaining usability across the board.

Last edited:
Back