Apple continues to plummet due to slow iPhone demand

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Apple continues to plummet due to slow iPhone demand

Apple Inc. shares dropped close to bear market territory Monday on concern consumers are no longer clamoring for its cornerstone product, the iPhone.

The stock closed at a record of $232.07 on Oct. 3. Since then it’s plunged almost 20 percent -- the official bear market threshold -- as multiple suppliers indicated the company is cutting parts orders for the latest iPhones.

[Bloomberg]

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Boring phone these days honestly. Its now just like its always been, loyalty by Apple users who continue to stick around. Im an Android guy, buy been using an iphone last few months, as im looking for a new Droid. But im not surprised by this, as we are seeing the likes of oppo and Vivo come out with some good stuff, and with Huawei around, and Samsung looking at new designs etc its going to be tough

irBosOtter

Expert Member
I'd like to think that the intelligence of their fan base is starting to improve, but I digress.
Yes some people are coming to their senses, it's just not worth the money at this point, even my friends whom sweat by Iphones are all still on either the 7, 8 or X, but none wants to upgrade to Xs or Xr as they say it brings nothing new

VegOtter

Common sense seems to not be dead yet. The cost of smartphones are becoming exorbitant and hopefully this will knock some sense into the companies that make them.

theratman

Executive Member
Had to happen at sometime. Sure it will pick up once they've innovated enough to get the public interested again.

theratman

Executive Member
What else is there after the foldable phone? One with a screen on the back too?
I want my phone to cook me a three course meal, that's all.

On a more serious note I've no clue where to start, yes we've made leaps and bounds but I'm sure there is still plenty to come from imagineers. Although it has slowed down quite a bit at apple since Jobs died.