Apple deliberately broke FaceTime in iOS 6 – Report

Tander

Executive Member
all Im saying is , if you have an apple device, enjoy it, when it stops working go buy a new one,
(I fully support your right to choice)

don't complain when apple slows down its performance, or makes the battery die out prematurely (due to their bad design)
or forces you to spend gigs of data upgrading to a newer version that they designed. so apps work properly once again

you brought an apple device, spent 3 times more than a equivalent "other" phone, now live with it.
I'm still waiting on responses to my questions. If I had one of those stupid FairPhones in that remote part of the world you mentioned - how do I fix it or get replacement parts?

(I am interested in your answer, since this seems to be the basis of your whole argument. When you don't come back with one, I'll assume you know you're full of crap and just talking out your arse ;) )

freematrix

apple broke batteries, apple broke apps, apple broke X and Y and Z.

get over it people,

you brought your phone, because"everything" just works. until @pple decided not to let it work. as its "their" phone

get used to it, or buy another phone with a more open architecture, and upgrade-able storage and removable and replaceable batteries.

you brought a phone with all the important things turned off, now live with it, you dont own it, Apple does, why complain?
What an uninformed comment. Please think before you post dribble.

freematrix

Don't see the problem at all.

If you keep supporting legacy crap you can't move forward.
Agreed, they could just upgrade to the latest version. People always want the latest enhanced version and now they complain when the old one stops working because they don't upgrade to the new version.
Sad to be so many people just need to find an angle to every decision Apple make.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Tell me.. in the borneo rain forest in a tiny little town cut off from society, How does one even get a replacement battery and the correct tools to begin with?

Oh yeah?
Tell me, if I lived in the borneo rain forest in a tiny little town cut off from society and I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 with a dud battery - how do I go about replacing that? Since.. you know, it's also a non removable battery?
You wouldn't have a fancy phone in the first place...so you wouldn't need the battery to begin with.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
eg2505 said:
all Im saying is , if you have an apple device, enjoy it, when it stops working go buy a new one,
Why on earth would you need to buy a new one?

You simply replace the battery in all of 5 minutes if even so much time, for no more money than any other phone really.

Your arguments (as usual) make absolutely no sense.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Agreed, they could just upgrade to the latest version. People always want the latest enhanced version and now they complain when the old one stops working because they don't upgrade to the new version.
Sad to be so many people just need to find an angle to every decision Apple make.
Can only be the Jailbreak brigade at the heart of it all.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Why would someone want to stay on iOS 6? What I recall is that the iPhone 4 was barely usable on that version and performance was dramatically improved with iOS 7.

ok, so if you live in the borneo rain forest in a tiny little town cut off from society, you cant just unclip the back cover, and put in a new battery? (as that would be illegal and void your warranty)
you have to fly 12000 Km to a apple store so they can replace the battery of the device they made badly?
How did you get the phone to this remote location? How do you get a replacement battery for a phone with a removable battery? As far as I know although the batteries in the iPhones require tools to get the battery out they are removable and users can buy a replacement from various sources. I'd presume this hypothetical person would be handy with tools and could get them by whatever means they managed to get an iPhone to darkest Borneo. Plus those tools work on various iPhones, so they'll still be useful in future (or to get into other electronic gadgets they may have in their hut).

don't complain when apple slows down its performance, or makes the battery die out prematurely (due to their bad design)
or forces you to spend gigs of data upgrading to a newer version that they designed. so apps work properly once again

you brought an apple device, spent 3 times more than a equivalent "other" phone, now live with it.
In general its been the same with the Android phones we've owned, and they weren't particularly cheap either. In real terms, looking at how long they lasted, they probably cost more than an iOS one would have.

Dolby

Honorary Master
The latest version of *iOS (12) will run on an iPhone 5s
* Please note this isn't the full version and has many features stripped. Thank you.

On a side note, I remember getting the iOS6 (I think) update on my iPad 2 and told all my friends that I had the latest upgrades. Suffice to say, when I tried to use the features added they were not actually available and although my iPad said it was iOS6, I lacked the features. These weren't hardware intensive features either, but things like panaramic photos and filters ...

Dave

Honorary Master
apple broke batteries, apple broke apps, apple broke X and Y and Z.

get over it people,

you brought your phone, because"everything" just works. until @pple decided not to let it work. as its "their" phone

get used to it, or buy another phone with a more open architecture, and upgrade-able storage and removable and replaceable batteries.

you brought a phone with all the important things turned off, now live with it, you dont own it, Apple does, why complain?
Just curious, do you even read the stuff you write before hitting the “post reply” button?

If you do, do you think it makes sense?

genetic

Honorary Master
Just curious, do you even read the stuff you write before hitting the “post reply” button?

If you do, do you think it makes sense?
That would require actual thinking... which is a tall ask.

genetic

Honorary Master
I thought his was pretty cool of Huawei helping out the Apple guys ... goes to show that sometimes people can put aside their differences :/

https://www.unbox.ph/editorials/next-level-troll-huawei-hands-out-free-powerbanks-for-people-waiting-in-line-for-new-iphones/
If I was in that queue to buy the new iPhone, I would have been like "Cool, free powerbank! yay!" and wouldn't have given Huawei a second thought.

It's like Mr Price handing out a free tog-bag when you buy your new pair of Adidas.

iPhone users are not going to give and Android Huawei a second thought unfortunately.

Dolby

Honorary Master
iPhone users are not going to give and Android Huawei a second thought unfortunately.
I'm sure knew Huawei before ... and I'm sure with sub 3,000mh batteries, the iPhone users' were chuffed that that they had power again !

sajunky

Honorary Master
Why would someone want to stay on iOS 6? What I recall is that the iPhone 4 was barely usable on that version and performance was dramatically improved with iOS 7.
You remember, right, however remember in reverse. .LOL.

iPhone 4 performance was killed by iOS7. After the upgrade it is barely usable. There were also many bugs in iOS7, most of them were fixed in the latest revision, but iPhone 4 didn't receive such update.