• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Apple deliberately broke FaceTime in iOS 6 – Report

sajunky

Honorary Master
I didn’t know you could run any form of iOS on a 486 :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
I expected such response, as I know how clever ass you are, but it was to prove by yourself that mentioning 486 was off topic and complete inappropriate. Got it?

Dave

Honorary Master
I expected such response, as I know how clever ass you are, but it was to prove by yourself that mentioning 486 was off topic and complete inappropriate. Got it?

Maybe the world would be a better place if you actually read (and understood) the posts you were answering.

556E1162-8537-446C-A80F-3DBCCDA1F3C7.jpeg

I think I know where the real ass is...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Memoji’s don’t even work on an iPhone 8, as it doesn’t have Face ID.

There will obviously be a disparity in features between various models.

Apple also won’t add a feature to an old device just to have it run like crap. They rather cut it completely.

It’s all about doing things properly instead of just doing them.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Memoji’s don’t even work on an iPhone 8, as it doesn’t have Face ID
Using the same tactic as Apple - Android can issue updates to all their phones to the 'About' can say Android 8 or 9 - but actually just strip the features? That's smart and makes everyone believe that they have the latest

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Ah I see ...

So the iPhone 5S has 'iOS12'?
And iPhone 6 also has 'iOS12'??
And the iPhone 7 and 8 each have 'iOS12'?

So everyone thinks they actually have 'iOS12' and 5 year support, but it's not really ?
They run the same kernel and base feature set.

Everything beyond that is optional as per hardware in question.

The OS is the same.

It’s not a difficult concept to fathom.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Using the same tactic as Apple - Android can issue updates to all their phones to the 'About' can say Android 8 or 9 - but actually just strip the features? That's smart and makes everyone believe that they have the latest
The OS is the latest across the board.

Extended features change based on hardware.

Nothing stops Android doing the same and I can guarantee all Androids of the exact same version don’t offer all the same features.

It’s no different to one phone having NFC or a different resolution to another.

Even Windows doesn’t support all the same features across all hardware...do really I have no idea what your broken logic is based on.

Operating System enables underlying hardware...that is its job. It’s can’t magically take a particular hardware set beyond its limited ability...if that was the case we would never need new hardware.

Dolby

Honorary Master
They run the same kernel and base feature set.

Everything beyond that is optional as per hardware in question.

The OS is the same.

It’s not a difficult concept to fathom.
I'm not battling with the concept.

But it's inaccurate to say all their devices have the same iOS and they have for a number of years.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I'm not battling with the concept.

But it's inaccurate to say all their devices have the same iOS and they have for a number of years.
How is it inaccurate?

They do have the same OS just like generations of PC’s have Windows 7 or 10.

Doesn’t mean all those PC’s can magically do all of the same things.

You are just making a silly argument for the sake of making an anti-Apple argument.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Let's agree to disagree :)

To me, having versioned software with differing (non hardware) features is just ... weird.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Let's agree to disagree

To me, having versioned software with differing (non hardware) features is just ... weird.
But that is the industry standard? And it’s intrinsically linked to the hardware so you can’t say it’s non hardware features.

Versioning applies to base software...beyond that various modules/features plug into software to expand on that base set depending on hardware or licensing or whatever model is being used.

Also it’s quite amusing you use Siri Suggestions as an example of a “missing feature” something the would cripple a phone with less memory and processing power if it even worked at all. It’s to the user’s benefit to disable that.

More hilarious is that just last week you thought Siri to be a brain dead assistant of no real use or purpose that can’t compete with the others, but this week you lament some of it’s features being taken away for lower spec hardware.

Dolby

Honorary Master
More hilarious is that just last week you thought Siri to be a brain dead assistant of no real use or purpose that can’t compete with the others, but this week you lament some of it’s features being taken away for lower spec hardware.
I didn't say brain dead assistant ... I said it's basic and rudimentary that cannot compete with others.