Apple fans willing to pay $1,000 for the iPhone 8

Sl8er

Executive Member
The "Plebdroids" are the only people triggered in here.
:D
C'mon, it's Friday, you can do better than that.

( I don't think "Plebdroids" is going to hit a nerve with those people...we're going to need something better :eek: [I've seen a few good ones over the years...just can't remember any of them right now.] )

krycor

Honorary Master
The reality is that iPhones still perform better out of the box than Samsungs I've seen.. go to a Pokémon raid and ask about ball throw latency on phones.

iPhone 8 is a pre-release premium before economies of scale kick in. Will not be getting it

JimboBob

Expert Member
The reality is that iPhones still perform better out of the box than Samsungs I've seen.. go to a Pokémon raid and ask about ball throw latency on phones.

iPhone 8 is a pre-release premium before economies of scale kick in. Will not be getting it
omg lol
Is this the 'new benchmark' for 2017???

sand_man

Honorary Master
omg lol
Is this the 'new benchmark' for 2017???
Just about every performance shoot out has a year old iPhone 7 outperforming the S8/S8+. I'm talking about those silly Youtube videos where they open a string of apps in quick succession. iPhone 8 will make all and sundry look pedestrian in a performance shoot out.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Wrong...

£869 for the Note 8.
$999 for the base model iPhone 8 which would not be direct competitor for the Note 8.

They will probably release an iPhone 8 Plus to take on the Note and what is that going to cost?

Both of the above are seriously overpriced though!
iPhone 7s plus will be the Note 8's natural competitor.

Smartphone prices are just ridiculous, period. Hard to justify... Maybe if we had a half decent exchange rate? At R6 to the dollar either of these devices would be a bargain!!

NiTeD

Expert Member
The top of the range iPhone 7+ is already $1,380 in ZA!

sand_man

Honorary Master
Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wrong...

£869 for the Note 8.
$999 for the base model iPhone 8 which would not be direct competitor for the Note 8.

They will probably release an iPhone 8 Plus to take on the Note and what is that going to cost?

Both of the above are seriously overpriced though!
No they won’t.

The iPhone 8 has the screen real estate of the old Plus but in a chassis about the size of the normal model.

So no more need for a Plus.

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
No they won’t.

The iPhone 8 has the screen real estate of the old Plus but in a chassis about the size of the normal model.

So no more beef for a Plus.
Yeah 8 is 5.8" vs 5.5" of the plus. Screen to body ratio of the plus is poor though at 67.7% where the iPhone 8 looks like it could be 90% +...

Last edited: