Apple fudges the numbers on iPhone 5 dimensions

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Facts are a tedious business. They tend to mess up great marketing campaigns...

Grimspoon

Executive Member
Idiots. Just like some Americans think they are the only people in the world.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Apparently the guy said the thinnest iphone ever...not smartphone.... *shrugs*

charlbronn

What's happened to journalism being a credible profession? Such a misleading headline from an obviously biased reporter...reporting is about being factual and as unbiased as possible. The statement made was clearly 'the thinnest iPhone ever', a clear attempt to make certain they don't make dubious claims...yet, a staff writer for a broadly read SA website, get's it wrong to suit an obvious agenda...boggles the mind...

...and yes, I have some Apple products, but an Android phone...and the rest of my Apple products are rooted or a 'hackintosh' simply because I don't like being walled (although it sometimes makes things easier), yet I can't deny that i love their design aesthetics...so I sometimes defend their process and other times I disagree...but I do not have to make sensational untrue headlines because I must make certain all a certain party does is 'wrong'.

Man up and post an apology with the same eye searing headlines ' I lied...Apple didn't..."

MickeyD

RIP
What's happened to journalism being a credible profession? Such a misleading headline from an obviously biased reporter...reporting is about being factual and as unbiased as possible. The statement made was clearly 'the thinnest iPhone ever', a clear attempt to make certain they don't make dubious claims...yet, a staff writer for a broadly read SA website, get's it wrong to suit an obvious agenda...boggles the mind...

...and yes, I have some Apple products, but an Android phone...and the rest of my Apple products are rooted or a 'hackintosh' simply because I don't like being walled (although it sometimes makes things easier), yet I can't deny that i love their design aesthetics...so I sometimes defend their process and other times I disagree...but I do not have to make sensational untrue headlines because I must make certain all a certain party does is 'wrong'.

Man up and post an apology with the same eye searing headlines ' I lied...Apple didn't..."
Huh? Read the excerpt from the official Apple press release:

"iPhone 5 is the thinnest smartphone in the world, with an all-new 7.6 mm anodized aluminum body that is 18 percent thinner and 20 percent lighter than iPhone 4S”.
After the bold part they go on to compare it wth the iPhone 4S.

boswald

Guess they going to sue Motorola for having a thinner smartphone. sigh...

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Maybe Apple just don't consider the other phones "smartphones" ;)

Beri

Expert Member
Wow this i just silly..... Whi cares. Is it a great phone or not. Mmmm would like to see for myself..

GuileX

Maybe Apple just don't consider the other phones "smartphones" ;)
+1

Huawei’s Ascend P1s is 6.7mm thick, making it nearly a full millimeter thinner than the iPhone 5. There is also the lesser known Chinese phone, the Oppo Finder, which at 6.65mm is one of the thinnest phones in the world.
I think they were comparing with real phones, Oppo Finder really? pfffft.

moose007

Geez! petty, petty, petty comments here! Lets face it, the iPhone 5 is the same old same old. The reason Samsung will continue to dominate is because they release phones that "poorer" people can buy as well, where as Apple only release top dollar phones, which are at best equal to other phones on the market.