Apple HotSpot

dr.grimm

Hi Peeps

I'm having no luck using my Apple products Personal hotspot function...

I have a iPhone xs Max, iPhone 6s plus, iPad air 2 and Samsung S8+. (all up to date)

I use the iPhone 6 as Hotspot (Data plan - appoved hotspot confirmed from carrier Vodascum - 20 gig data PM and 600 minutes)

I enable hotspot on iPhone 6s plus.
iPhone XS join (no problem - data traffic confirmed).
I join Samsung S8+ (no problem - data traffic confirmed).
I join my iPad Air 2 (no problem - data traffic confirmed).

Auto join / reconnect is enabled on all devices.

I locked the Iphone 6s (great signal in Stellies and all devices are next to each other).

3 -5 min my iPhone XS disconnect and iPad disconnects. I unlock them and they refuse to reconnect to iPhone 6s plus automatically - I have to go to settings and open wifi before they reconnect (gave both devices 10min to reconnect on their own as auto join is ON - nothing)

Samsung stays connected.

I have reset-ted ALL Apple devises to factory and DID NOT restore from iCloud.

after 20min or so - iPhone 6s cancels its hotspot and nothing will reconnect unless I do everything manual.

please any advise.

kind regards Dawid

Jacada

The Samsung is probably causing the problems :laugh:

Disconnect it and see if the problem persists.

dr.grimm

there seems to be no combination to make this work - even if Samsung is complete removed from test.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I don't know if it's any help in this case, but as stupid as it sounds, my hotspot was giving me connection problems on my iPhone 11 with it not being recognised on both my Air and Dell laptops. I read somewhere to drop the ' out of the iPhone name and it resolved it for me.

So instead of Joe's iPhone, just call it Joes iPhone.

Longshot sure, but just thought I'd share in case it helps.

dr.grimm

I don't know if it's any help in this case, but as stupid as it sounds, my hotspot was giving me connection problems on my iPhone 11 with it not being recognised on both my Air and Dell laptops. I read somewhere to drop the ' out of the iPhone name and it resolved it for me.

So instead of Joe's iPhone, just call it Joes iPhone.

Longshot sure, but just thought I'd share in case it helps.

Thanks for the reply - but unfortunately did not help.