Apple IPad sale

scamcall

Please be warned!!

IPAD for sale or Apple PC or any electronics.
On Sale by Worthing Electronics.
They appear to be based in Bloemfontein or polokwane or other far out of reach places.
And they seem to also go by various other names but also based in way out places.

I have purchased an Apple IPAD from them, paid them in Full through EFT.
They promise you 24hrs delivery and 30 days money back guarantee.
U get a tracking number from a bogus courier company which they say is part of Fedex which will deliver to your door.
Then u see your parcel getting tracked from the UK.
Everything seems fine until it comes to SA, then its tracked as HELD BY CUSTOMS.
Then u get a call from them saying to pay an extra R2500 for customs and they’ll pay you later.
If you fall into this trap, you will be now be swindled out of your money twice.
They promise you your money back, but nothing happens.

So, please be warned of all these so called companies like worthinge electronics or the like.
Which are not based in the so called big cities.
Do you homework properly and find out if this is a legitimate south african company.
U rather go directly to them if it’s a legal store than await this nightmare.

Yuu

Executive Member
Title abit misleading ne?

Thanks for the warning :).

Mbuzi

Expert Member
Please be warned!!

IPAD for sale or Apple PC or any electronics.
On Sale by Worthing Electronics.
They appear to be based in Bloemfontein or polokwane or other far out of reach places.
And they seem to also go by various other names but also based in way out places.

I have purchased an Apple IPAD from them, paid them in Full through EFT.
They promise you 24hrs delivery and 30 days money back guarantee.
U get a tracking number from a bogus courier company which they say is part of Fedex which will deliver to your door.
Then u see your parcel getting tracked from the UK.
Everything seems fine until it comes to SA, then its tracked as HELD BY CUSTOMS.
Then u get a call from them saying to pay an extra R2500 for customs and they’ll pay you later.
If you fall into this trap, you will be now be swindled out of your money twice.
They promise you your money back, but nothing happens.

So, please be warned of all these so called companies like worthinge electronics or the like.
Which are not based in the so called big cities.
Do you homework properly and find out if this is a legitimate south african company.
U rather go directly to them if it’s a legal store than await this nightmare.

I take it you paid your school fees, only buy from reputable suppliers.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Looking at their ads, you can see its the standard scam format - how people fall for these is beyond me.

Opening Hours
From Monday to Saturday from 08:00 to 17:00
17:00 to 24:00 (online service)
Closed on public holidays
Worthing electronics specialize in collectible classic APPLE Products, mobile phones, cameras and
musical equipment and to the best of our knowledge, all the stock listed in our product sections is
available for purchase through our online checkout, by telephone, fax or email, or visits by
appointment. We do delivery which takes 24 hours via FedEx Express within the country and 72 hours
for our international delivery. Our company sell in bulk and individual who buys directly enjoys
wholesales prices on our products.
APPLE IPHONE 4 32GB----------R4,000
APPLE IPHONE 4 16GB----------R3,500
APPLE IPAD 1(WITH 3G WIFI 16GB) at R3,000
APPLE IPAD 1(WITH 3G WIFI 32GB) at R3,300
APPLE IPAD 1(WITH 3G WIFI 16GB) at R3,700
APPLE IPAD 2(WITH 3G WIFI 16GB) at R4,000
APPLE IPAD 2(WITH 3G WIFI 32GB) at R4,800
APPLE IPAD 2(WITH 3G WIFI 64GB) at R5,800
APPLE IPAD 2(WITH NO WIFI 16GB) at R3,800
APPLE IPAD 2(WITH NO WIFI 32GB) at R4,300
APPLE IPAD 2(WITH NO WIFI 16GB) at R5,300
Blacberry Torch------------R4,000
Blackberry Bold 9000------R3,500
BlackBerry 8900 Curve-----R1,500
BlackBerry Curve 8520-----R1,350
Blackberry Pearl 8220-----R1,300
BlackBerry Bold 9700------R3,000
Blackberry Pearl 8120-----R1,150
BlackBerry Tour 9630------R2,100
BlackBerry Storm2----------R3,100
If you’re looking for a product that you cant find the price on our list please use our email for a quote
We will also beat/match any other products related quote.
Call us now for any further inquiries
Tel: 27(0)783084020
Fax: 086 762 9190
Email:worthingelectronics@gmail.com
Worthing electronics

Mbuzi

Expert Member
Looking at their ads, you can see its the standard scam format - how people fall for these is beyond me.

Any company that uses a cell phone number, fax to email and a gmail account raises eye brows, but hey that's me

rory

Yes if one asks them more they even give addresses of the head office in USA and UK.
The one in the USA is on a big highway with no building in sight. The one in Bloemfontein is actually a boutique hotel. The one in UK appears to be someone's home.
I am still waiting for their banking details ?? I presume one can report this to FICA ?

Freaksta

Expert Member
Do your research when buying off the net. 1 the prices are below retail, 2 ad looks dodgy! I can't understand how people can trust so easily! I don't even trust bid or buy users with high ratings haha! I read everyone's comments and then decide if I trust them! Google is your friend.. If it sounds to good to be true..........

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
That specific ad has cropped up a few times before the mods nuked it off here