Apple iPhone 6s enters production

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102811412

Apple fans, rejoice.

Makers in the company's iPhone supply chain started delivering the necessary parts to its original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in order to begin production on a new smartphone, Taiwan-based newspaper DigiTimes reported Friday. (Tweet This)

The report, which cited sources at the supply chain, added that fourth-quarter 2015 initial shipments for the new device are expected to total at least 50 million units.

Video: http://www.cnbc.com/id/102806402

Holding thumbs for a 6s mini.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Love it; my upgrade is 1st Jan; lets hope pricing is *decent* :wtf:

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
Damn, I can upgrade as of this month. Now I don't know if I should wait. My 5s screen feels so small :(

$m@Rt@$$

Expert Member
But that one-handed use...

I've always loved big screen phones. It was the unfortunate trade off when moving to iPhone. I had a - excuse the swearword - Samsung Note 2 before my 5s. And a S4 before that :confused:

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I've always loved big screen phones. It was the unfortunate trade off when moving to iPhone. I had a - excuse the swearword - Samsung Note 2 before my 5s. And a S4 before that :confused:

Certainly has its benefits, however for me, one-handed use is key. It's just awkward with the 6, for me.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Certainly has its benefits, however for me, one-handed use is key. It's just awkward with the 6, for me.

Why do you need to only use 1 hand so much? Screen real estate is far more important for me. The S6 is small enough for one hand use anyway, ain't it? Unless you have tiny hands...

Joker

Expert Member
Can't wait to drop this android, anyone want a Note4?

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Why do you need to only use 1 hand so much? Screen real estate is far more important for me. The S6 is small enough for one hand use anyway, ain't it? Unless you have tiny hands...

I can do everything on my 5s with one hand. I can type about as fast as I can with two hands.

I can drive and use it, use my laptop and phone, cook and use my phone, etc.

Being able to use it fully with one hand frees the other up to do things, so efficiency is tops, and I'm not yet willing to sacrifice that.

I cannot reach the top left corner of the 6 or an S4/5/6 with my thumb, without adjusting grip, which irks me.

I don't need need any more real estate than on a 5/5s Retina.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I can do everything on my 5s with one hand. I can type about as fast as I can with two hands.

I can drive and use it, use my laptop and phone, cook and use my phone, etc.

Being able to use it fully with one hand frees the other up to do things, so efficiency is tops, and I'm not yet willing to sacrifice that.

I cannot reach the top left corner of the 6 or an S4/5/6 with my thumb, without adjusting grip, which irks me.

I don't need need any more real estate than on a 5/5s Retina.

It's like Chris Plante made this for you. :p

How to use your smartphone less and be happier

ahoudet

Expert Member
I don't use it that much, but when I need to, I need to with one hand.

There are a lot of disappointed iPhone users eagerly awaiting a smaller iPhone in future.

Was hoping for a 6s mini. :(

Wouldn't mind one either :). Using an iPhone 5 now.

The smaller screen has its advantages and so does the bigger screen - it's a matter of personal preference at the end of the day

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Wouldn't mind one either :). Using an iPhone 5 now.

The smaller screen has its advantages and so does the bigger screen - it's a matter of personal preference at the end of the day

Most certainly. Thankfully the 5s camera (and speed) is still brilliant, nearly on par with the 6.