Apple iPhone 8 – South African cash and contract pricing

Sl8er

Executive Member
Looks pretty much on par with the 7 / + when it was released.

greg0205

Honorary Master
No real hype about this phone..
The Ten starts shipping internationally in early November... If the local launch timing on that is similar to the three weeks it took for 8 to get here, why would you be hyped for this one?

kianm

Honorary Master
In line with the price of a 4K TV, smartphones are damn expensive nowadays

Hemps

Honorary Master
Wife is on Vodacom

Due to upgrade in Feb, there doesnt seem to be much difference between 7 and 8, glass back , fast charging, faster processor.
Sure you could pick a iPhone 7+ 128gb for decent price in Feb?

Edit: by looks of it there might not be stock

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Wife is on Vodacom

Due to upgrade in Feb, there doesnt seem to be much difference between 7 and 8, glass back , fast charging, faster processor.
Sure you could pick a iPhone 7+ 128gb for decent price in Feb?

Edit: by looks of it there might not be stock
There are new iPhone 7's and 6S's coming which is why there won't be stock now.

So you'll get them significantly cheaper when they land.

Masataka

How is this different to a Note 8?

Also, hands up everyone who buys cash and doesn't take a 24 month from one of the networks...
I prefer cash. Contract prices always end up costing you a couple k more.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I prefer cash. Contract prices always end up costing you a couple k more.
But you do get the minutes and data... To each their own I guess. Odd thing is, I don't even think of phones in terms of a cash price and I guess that's just because I've been in one contract or another for nearly a quarter of a century now.

Masataka

But you do get the minutes and data... To each their own I guess. Odd thing is, I don't even think of phones in terms of a cash price and I guess that's just because I've been in one contract or another for nearly a quarter of a century now.
Yea, you need to work it out for yourself, and also don’t use the cash price from the network providers. I could get the 8+ 64Gb and a 2Gb plan, which would work out to 1-2k less after the total contract term; but then you could argue future value of money and investing, etc.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
How is this different to a Note 8?

Also, hands up everyone who buys cash and doesn't take a 24 month from one of the networks...
Me.

But then I won't be buying this cash and waiting for the 6S/7 pricing which will make more sense.

And then I'll also use monopoly money instead of real cash to get a further 40% off.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Me.

But then I won't be buying this cash and waiting for the 6S/7 pricing which will make more sense.

And then I'll also use monopoly money instead of real cash to get a further 40% off.
I think there'll be fantastic deals on those two in a couple of weeks.