Apple iPhone 8 prices in South Africa have gone up, despite rand strengthening

DailyTech

what a load of Hoarse Shiite crApple is !!!

Over rated, over hyped !!

MEGA profits! small sales

WHAT can their mobiles do that any else has not rivalled and/or surpassed to justify RIDICULOUS prices ???

Sl8er

Executive Member
Apple iPhone 8 prices in South Africa have gone up, despite rand strengthening

You didn't think they were going to replace "all" those batteries for free now, did you?
:whistling:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If overseas pricing hasn't increased then this is just Core being Core. What do you expect?

crackersa

Honorary Master
what a load of Hoarse Shiite crApple is !!!

Over rated, over hyped !!

MEGA profits! small sales

WHAT can their mobiles do that any else has not rivalled and/or surpassed to justify RIDICULOUS prices ???
What makes you think this is apples doing?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Headline should read Core raises iPhone 8 prices, because they can.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Aah always so much hate from the Fandroids.

One has to wonder why they are so insecure when it's apparent so lacking.

whatwhat

Executive Member
If 500 rand increase is the end of the world for you then you shouldn't be buying a phone in this price range.

markings

Expert Member
They may have forward bought Dollars when the Rand was weak. With a fluctuating currency one cannot just make such comparisons. There is a lag between placing a purchase order, paying for it in advance and receiving the goods.
One would have to know the exchange at the time of paying for the order. The current rate is irrelevant for orders placed 1 or 2 months ago.

genetic

Honorary Master
They may have forward bought Dollars when the Rand was weak. With a fluctuating currency one cannot just make such comparisons. There is a lag between placing a purchase order, paying for it in advance and receiving the goods.
One would have to know the exchange at the time of paying for the order. The current rate is irrelevant for orders placed 1 or 2 months ago.
This makes more sense.

Duan

I am sure they have forward advance contacts in place to allow them to buffer or plan for the volatility of the ZAR, but if you consider the difference in price between the US and SA, you can only make one conclusion.

Core is raping SA.

Lupus

Honorary Master
They buy with an ROE (Rate of Exchange) generally it's higher then the current buy price just in case it drops again. I remember in 2016 we were getting some product in at 18 to the dollar, but it gradually dropped to 15 and so on.

Knyro

PhD in Everything
Good thing I bought it at launch then

How large do Apple sales have to be for Apple to come here themselves I wonder.

neoprema

Expert Member
Good thing I bought it at launch then

How large do Apple sales have to be for Apple to come here themselves I wonder.
They work a lot through distributors and its usually not bad. Its just we got stuck with the (rotten)Core Group and their useless service and money-making tactics.

I wish they were getting a letter today like the president...