Apple launches major new Racial Equity and Justice Initiative projects to challenge systemic racism, advance racial equity nationwide

Vorastra

Expert Member
Okay, let's break it down,

To elaborate on three, quoting their public press release,

so you are welcome to point out the racism? Prior to answering this question, do note that Apple have invested $100B into the Vision Fund II.
Let's make this very easy.
Prioritising black, or brown, people over other groups is by definition racism.
How about helping people who need the help.
Now, reply to me with how this isn't racism. As goes the loop.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Prioritising black people over other groups is by definition racism.

Where are they prioritising? They have invested way more into other social programs and start-ups (and incubators) which are all-inclusive than this standalone program.

This initiative is targeted, but it doesn't mean their other initiatives are now being made obsolete as you claim it to be.

surface

Honorary Master
Why, it is a nationwide program applicable to the USA?

They won't boycott China, OT, but recent,
Boycotting apple products relieves me of my pain of not being able to afford them in the first place.

Seriously, I know this is in USA and I think apple is trying to align itself with Biden's minority focus. Good on them.

I just wish someone will do the same for millions of krugersdorp poor people - maybe elon musk ?

Vorastra

Expert Member
Where are they prioritising? They have invested way more into other social programs and start-ups (and incubators) which are all-inclusive than this standalone program.

This initiative is targeted, but it doesn't mean their other initiatives are now being made obsolete as you claim it to be.
Oh for god sake. This is getting clownish now.
The targeting is itself racist. The point of helping black and brown people specifically because they are black or brown is what's racist.

If you help someone purely because of their race, guess what, you are a racist.

but it doesn't mean their other initiatives are now being made obsolete as you claim it to be.
Where did I claim this.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Oh for god sake. This is getting clownish now.
The targeting is itself racist. The point of helping black and brown people specifically because they are black or brown is what's racist.

If you help someone purely because of their race, guess what, you are a racist.

Where did I claim this.

No, you are the utter clown simply because you ignore every other initiative by Apple. You are being selective, and is pushing this new initiative by Apple to drive your argument.

No, they are supporting a demographic group within a larger demographic, like they are also supporting other demographic groups.

Yes, you made the claim,

Prioritising black people over other groups is by definition racism.

How did you conclude that they are prioritising black people over other people when they have invested billions more into other initiatives and institutions, and who aren't they helping?

Vorastra

Expert Member
No, you are the utter clown simply because you ignore every other initiative by Apple. You are being selective, and is pushing this new initiative by Apple to drive your argument.

No, they are supporting a demographic group within a larger demographic, like they are also supporting other demographic groups.

Yes, you made the claim,

How did you conclude that they are prioritising black people over other people when they have invested billions more into other initiatives and institutions, and who aren't they helping?
How is it this difficult for you to understand?
Let's go through this very slowly.
OK, you keep bringing up their past initiatives.
Do their other initiatives prioritise white people, or everyone? We already know the answer.
Let me make it very simple.

Black people benefit from their other initiatives and then more so under this new initiative.

If this initiative said it was aimed at white people, you would be complaining. This is the part where you reply pretending you wouldn't.
Instead you're here trying to use, I'm not even sure what kind of logic, that might work at home and at the office, but not here.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Prioritising black, or brown, people over other groups is by definition racism.
Historically black colleges are disproportionately underfunded. By prioritising them, they're attempting to bring them in line with other colleges. My opinion.

We have a similar challenges locally. But in our case, it's the department of higher education footing the bill.

/Don't crucify me if I'm wrong

Vorastra

Expert Member
Historically black colleges are disproportionately underfunded. By prioritising them, they're attempting to bring them in line with other colleges. My opinion.
OK, fair enough. But so what? You can also find just-as-underfunded white colleges. Bumfek Alabama and West Virginia exist.
The right thing would be to help all who need it. Not make initiatives that assist a race group because of that race group.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
OK, fair enough. But so what? You can also find just-as-underfunded white colleges. Bumfek Alabama and West Virginia exist.
The right thing would be to help all who need it. Not make initiatives that assist a race group because of that race group.
Bumfek, Alabama?
West Virginia is better funded than most (if not all) of the top HBCU's. A little too lazy to look for the info but it's somewhere on the webs.

neoprema

Expert Member
You know what would be great? Is if they used the money to design and launch a Magic Mouse with TouchID on it like i've been asking for years!!!! :cautious:

Grant

Honorary Master
I’m surprised Nigel Ng hasn’t been accused of racism yet. He should be.

Not to mention that he’s a hack. Yeah, sure, his videos are “funny” but he was an unknown comedian until he created a stereotypical character.
Uncle woger makes best flied wice weedios

grok

Honorary Master
Feeling so validated for having dumped Apple all those years ago right now..

ForceFate

Honorary Master

You should've started with MS
And Tesla

surface

Honorary Master
Yeah, like you, I also can't afford apple products. I am gonna boycott them again and I encourage you to do so. Let us show it to libtards.

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Is it possible that there will be a local boycott of apple now ? :unsure: tbh, IMO, it would be better if they boycott china over uighur muslim treatment.
Wait so to your mind Apple's racial equity and justice initiative is as onerous as ethnic cleansing by forced sterilisation in concentration camps?

You have got to be smoking some of Tito's cabbage patch dude. How do people get this nutty?

EDIT: I misread @surface post, they clarify below

Last edited:

surface

Honorary Master
Wait so to your mind Apple's racial equity and justice initiative is as onerous as ethnic cleansing by forced sterilisation in concentration camps?

You have got to be smoking some of Tito's cabbage patch dude. How do people get this nutty?
eish. I meant there are plenty of initiatives on racial justice in USA. Apple has lots of manufacturing done in China so it would be more useful and will earn them more respect across the world (barring china & friendly countries) if they take up uighur cause.