Apple Pay South Africa

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Probably does a version check and Jailbreak check.
I know the Absa one does not work on Jailbroken devices for probably better part of a decade already.

At least one knows you wont get cutting edge from Capitec because you are not paying cutting edge prices.

But eish FNB so expensive for Premier and you get a rubbish app and a turtle as a private banker along with no Apple Pay:ROFL:

I know it does root checking, easy enough to get around. I presume JB would be the same. A version check would not really make sense as then it would not have waited till beta 3 to break.

Also as I recall the root check, at least for FNB just disabled biometrics, probably gotten worse by now but I am sure an instant app crash with not information is a bad way to deal with JB/Root.

Then again, they do think virtual cards are better than Apple Pay so…

Se@n

I moved from FNB to Standard Bank. Maybe they're not as technologically ahead feature wise but the service is incredible and they approved my homeloan while FNB just kept asking for silly document after silly document after silly document.
So far i'm really happy. Just waiting on Apple pay now.
And as someone who travels FNB stuffed-up travel with their forcing you to have ebucks and buy into every single one of their products is useless. i can get unlimited free lounge access from other banks without watching my ebucks every 5 seconds incase *shock* I didn't spend R5 where they wanted me to and I don't meet my level...

Fair enough. Sometimes it has to be about banking only, something that FNB isn’t all that good at themselves. I’d take a bond over eB any day if it came down to it.

Se@n

Does it mean anything different if you get to the ‘setting up card for Apple Pay’ message and then it fails?

Se@n

The long wait is over …I think the bot is confused.
9d5d48391759cacf2c01b2a897471c9a.jpg

Pho3nix

The Legend
So there def are some issues with the implementation. The Business Zero account returned the funds back to my account and shows them as available? Even though I purchased. Transaction missing from my transaction history as well.

Feeling a bit kak if I ate a Pizza for free :(

Se@n

So there def are some issues with the implementation. The Business Zero account returned the funds back to my account and shows them as available? Even though I purchased. Transaction missing from my transaction history as well.

Hoping that’s more to do with the fact that they haven’t actually gone live yet or we really are in for the longest of short waits.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I used Scan to Pay in the Spur once. It was a Saturday. It never showed immediately at their POS so I left my number in case it never went through. They called me in the evening and said it never showed up their side, can I come pay cash. I told them it showed as pending on my app and it'll come eventually.

After them phoning me every day, I went to pay the R110 (it was for a breakfast only) on the Wednesday, but of of course it eventually went through on the Wednesday evening and they gave me my money back the next day.

I've never used it since.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I used Scan to Pay in the Spur once. It was a Saturday. It never showed immediately at their POS so I left my number in case it never went through. They called me in the evening and said it never showed up their side, can I come pay cash. I told them it showed as pending on my app and it'll come eventually.

After them phoning me every day, I went to pay the R110 (it was for a breakfast only) on the Wednesday, but of of course it eventually went through on the Wednesday evening and they gave me my money back the next day.

I've never used it since.
Zapper works fine for me almost every weekend. Only once had a problem.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Zapper works fine for me almost every weekend. Only once had a problem.

Yep, I've never had an issue with Snapscan or Zapper in the past, but when I used Scan to pay a few times for the eBucks points nothing went through immediately, it was always pending. Only other places I used it was getting a haircut and at my wife's restaurant and it was the same. After that Spur issue I just gave up.

Louis72

Expert Member

ooh no.. don't you remember some forum member said Apple Pay is untested garbage that's why FNB is waiting :ROFL: All other banks like Absa, Nedbank are just having endless "issues" with it.