Apple Pay South Africa

pozmans

Tried using the chat function in the FNB app today, it was horrendous Im actually surprised it passed testing and was released.
Whaaat? Don't you like being number 55 in queue and waiting 45min for a useless call centre agent to end up telling you that they can't assist over chat?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Well fnb and Capitec seem to compete on the lowest App Store rating.:oops:
FNB 3.0
Absa 4.7
Capitec 2.7
Nedbank 4.5
Standard 4.7

Yes, but the problem is people use App Store ratings to bitch about service.

Last company I worked for, app got a 1* rating from someone who could not log into an internal company app, he did not work for the company.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I have accounts with FNB, Investec, Capitec and Nedbank and I have family that use SB (no comment)!

FNB is the most versatile and whilst it does have it's drawbacks, IMO is the best app out of the lot.

Ya nee, I think you must be confused. I have FNB, Capitec, Investec and ABSA apps on my phone right now and user Discovery for a minute too.

FNB is the worst by a solid light year, it has the most features, but it’s the slowest, most buggy and most unreliable of the lot.

TedLasso

Expert Member
Ya nee, I think you must be confused. I have FNB, Capitec, Investec and ABSA apps on my phone right now and user Discovery for a minute too.

FNB is the worst by a solid light year, it has the most features, but it’s the slowest, most buggy and most unreliable of the lot.
In addition to some SA bank accounts , I have at least three UK bank apps on my phone too. Let me tell you signing into them the first time is the worst. You enable biometrics just not to go through that ****.

Nationwide app still takes the cake. You want to add a new payee , first find your card reader , insert your card , verify your pin, then do verification steps, and then payment will be loaded etc. What a bunch of crock.

FNB app has become too bloated . Secure chat is horrible. But in app notifications and confirmation for online purchases are very good.

Louis72

Expert Member
Yes, but the problem is people use App Store ratings to bitch about service.

Last company I worked for, app got a 1* rating from someone who could not log into an internal company app, he did not work for the company.
Well if you measure service with app store ratings why are the others better still?

Look it's cute that one can renew your license disk on the App but I can do that in 5mins once a year. But poor service/slow buggy app I have to live with each day. Rather focus on your main business of being a bank.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Well if you measure service with app store ratings why are the others better still?

Look it's cute that one can renew your license disk on the App but I can do that in 5mins once a year. But poor service/slow buggy app I have to live with each day. Rather focus on your main business of being a bank.

Agreed, jousting saying, ratings don’t have the value they should have. The app itself is ****, but for all the rating there could be a load of crap mixed in, let’s be honest, for FNB a 3 is high, it should have a negative 3.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
FNB app has become too bloated . Secure chat is horrible. But in app notifications and confirmation for online purchases are very good.

Even on that specific point I would argue at least Investec is better, I don’t use the other 3 for transactions the ABSA one needs to be closed and Capitec is my mothers, it exists cause Medical aid is half the price on her name than if added as a dependency to mine.

I often ran into issue with payment confirmations, they either don’t work, don’t arrive or when you tap on the notification it takes you to the wrong place and then you have to go find it.

Investec has always been seemless, I tap on the notification, it scans my face and I click approve.

Let’s not also forget that FNB is the only bank that made it a business rule to require insecure passwords.

It’s also the only banking app, of the ones I have, that does not work on the Apple Beta version, I really wish I could find the crash report, I am very curious to see what kak they did to make that happen. I’m wondering if it’s perhaps their integration with MS tracking, I had loads of issues using the app when they added that in as my ad and tracking blocker blocked that which made the app not work.

They decided to tie the “online” status to their ability to track you.

pozmans

Oh yes, I also have Discovery which is fairly simple and does it’s job.

In what way is FNB buggy and unreliable?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Oh yes, I also have Discovery which is fairly simple and does it’s job.

In what way is FNB buggy and unreliable?

If you looks at my previous post I mentioned a few issues I ran into, but of the 3 apps I used more extensively, being Discovery, Investec and FNB. FNB was by far the least reliable and most problematic.

duckgray

Agreed. This is my biggest gripe with their app. It’s full of useless crap which makes it extremely slow. Ever since they introduced that NAV section to the app it’s performance has decreased drastically.
Rather have a separate app for that and focus on core banking for the main app.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Agreed. This is my biggest gripe with their app. It’s full of useless crap which makes it extremely slow. Ever since they introduced that NAV section to the app it’s performance has decreased drastically.
Rather have a separate app for that and focus on core banking for the main app.

They use the app for everything, what we are not seeing is all their staff only features that are also in their include location-based COVID tracking, which unlike the native facility built into the devices OS which uses Bluetooth beacons, that uses GPS.

Se@n

They use the app for everything, what we are not seeing is all their staff only features that are also in their include location-based COVID tracking, which unlike the native facility built into the devices OS which uses Bluetooth beacons, that uses GPS.

I believe staff are using the app to communicate as well like a VOIP phone whilst working from home.

Yesyes

At least I tried...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 14.48.32.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 14.48.32.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 105

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Gosh! Saw that this thread had suddenly jumped and thought 'wow! they finally got it going'

Instead the thread has morphed into how kuk the FNB app is

Eish.....