Apple Pay South Africa

DarkStarZN

No problems here. I loaded my PC Fusion cheque and credit cards through the Wallet app and it asked if I wanted to put the cards on the phone or the watch, I selected phone but after it does that it asks if you also want on the watch, so I followed those steps too. Then I added a virtual card using the FNB app and it was the same there too. Phone first then watch.
Odd. I've tried adding watch first, and it just... waits a while before saying it can't add the card, saying I need to contact the issuer.

Yet it works perfectly adding onto my phone.

I AM running a Series 0 watch, though, and I don't feel like spending money to upgrade it.

SiR_BP

Loaded VC on Apple Pay this morning on my phone and used it earlier at Engen.

Worked no problems, besides for the terminal resetting mid transaction so had to do another payment, now to wait for the reversal of the 1st payment.

FHTheron

Grrr, none of my virtual cards are showing up in app or web now. I don't even save their details in a password manager, but might have to start. This is the second time I went to get a card number and only the physical ones are there.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Grrr, none of my virtual cards are showing up in app or web now. I don't even save their details in a password manager, but might have to start. This is the second time I went to get a card number and only the physical ones are there.

Saving then in a PW manger would not have helped as you’d still need then in the app to get the CVV

Dave

Honorary Master
To use Apple Pay, simply go into the iphone Wallet app, select the card from the list, double tap the phone's side sleep/wake button and hold the phone close to the credit card machine.

No need for all that.

Double click the side button on the Watch or FaceID phone, the default card will pop on screen, swipe sideways to use a different card on Watch, touch at the bottom of the screen where your card stack is and choose a different card if you want on FaceID phones.

You can just rest your finger on the sensor for TouchID phones and present to the payment reader (double click before if you don’t want to use the default card).

HumanShield

Takelot suffering under the Apple Pay load.
Just saw on the app my virtual cards have disappeared and transactions being declined on takealot. Could just be takalot.

LordPhoenix_ZA

Same here. Must be a backend issue with FNB

LordPhoenix_ZA

Can’t verify the physical card either.
Yeah must be. Twitter peeps getting only two methods to verify. Call FNB and App. Naturally the App is failing.

Will teach them to underestimate their Apple clients. Their systems probably buckling under pressure.

HumanShield

So your virtual cards disappeared on the FNB app and it is Takealot being overloaded? wot?:unsure:
Takealot saying they're seeing a high decline rate on FNB cards.
Also seeing that it's not just me who's virtual cards are disappearing from the app. Should've phrased that better.

Should add to this that I can't buy anything on Takealot at the moment with a FNB card (virtual or physical). Transactions being declined

Louis72

Expert Member
Lol. Must the the influx of people adding virtual cards. Since their Apple Pay material is specifically pushing Virtual Cards as the default way of doing it. “Only a million customers on iPhone” they said.
Ah….imagine all those people standing at the petrol stations unable to pay right now…:cautious: