Apple Pay South Africa

Leno

Expert Member
One thing that caught me was they mention on the app login page advert that you must only add the card to one device at a time (apple asks you if you also want to add the card to the watch etc)

To add it to both make a new request

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Also a plan I guess.
I mean the best would be to have a reliable card backend. Seems like the others manage that…

I just crazy the card, not about to get another bank account, but if the system is fubar with transaction verification then Apple Pay and physical card will be fubar

LordPhoenix_ZA

Getting multiple service unavailable errors trying to view Virtual Card details. Gee Wiz. Wonder what broke.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Eish! Now we know that guy who was here before worked for FNB IT - he predicted all these issues cos he was seeing them in his testing.

No wonder he was going on about 'problems and issues that you people know nothing about'

and we laughed at him..... oh the shame...

ace119

Created a virtual card and added that to Apple Pay via the app. Seems to be working now as stated above

Only pain in the bag side I have with the “Virtual Cards” is that the transactions do not show up in your FNB app instantly. You get the notifications for payments yes… but the transaction takes like 3 days to show up.

Anyone else have this?

Such a pain…

Supercarfan

Only pain in the bag side I have with the “Virtual Cards” is that the transactions do not show up in your FNB app instantly. You get the notifications for payments yes… but the transaction takes like 3 days to show up.

Anyone else have this?

Such a pain…
Did an payment at Tops this afternoon using my VCC and its in my transaction history as pending right now

Last edited:

Louis72

Expert Member
Eish! Now we know that guy who was here before worked for FNB IT - he predicted all these issues cos he was seeing them in his testing.

No wonder he was going on about 'problems and issues that you people know nothing about'

and we laughed at him..... oh the shame...
No it must be Apple and Takealot’s fault… :ROFL:
Looks like the “Add to Wallet” options are gone from the FNB app.
Ai they just cant catch a break… failures upon failures and the others has seamless EARLY launches.

phlux

Looks like RB has a new copy paste response that is meaningless \ useless.

1628014827060.png

failing to link physical card, or even create virtual cards. 4 months to implement yet they still found a way to mess it up

ace119

Did an payment at Tops this afternoon using my VCC and its in my transaction history as pending right now

Credit Card or Cheque or Fusion?

I’m using Fusion…. Both myself and my wife did separate Apple Pay purchases today, both on Fusion Virtual Card… both transactions are not visible and both are not under “Pending”

Bizarre!! Then like 3 or so maybe 5 days later they appear in the transactions list!!

ck1

Looks like the “Add to Wallet” options are gone from the FNB app.
Yep saw that as well, I tried to add a physical card through the watch app on my phone and the only option to verify the card is either through the FNB app or to call FNB.

When I chose through the app I get an error message that said system currently unavailable. And with call option it calls the FNB digital banking tel number and I'm not sure what the next steps are as they dont mention anything about Apple Pay in the menu.

ace119

I’m using Fusion…. Both myself and my wife did separate Apple Pay purchases today, both on Fusion Virtual Card… both transactions are not visible and both are not under “Pending”

Bizarre!! Then like 3 or so maybe 5 days later they appear in the transactions list!!

Of course this happened before Apple Pay as well…. This is why I stopped using the Virtual Cards! My subscriptions would come off but only show up in the transaction list days later!

LordPhoenix_ZA

Yep saw that as well, I tried to add a physical card through the watch app on my phone and the only option to verify the card is either through the FNB app or to call FNB.

When I chose through the app I get an error message that said system currently unavailable. And with call option it calls the FNB digital banking tel number and I'm not sure what the next steps are as they dont mention anything about Apple Pay in the menu.
Must have been turned off server side while they fix whatever issue they have.

SiR_BP

Anyone else have this?

Such a pain…
Yep noticed that as well when they first launched the VCs, queried it on the chat and the agent told me because it’s a “new” service hopefully it will get resolved sometime.

the issue I have now is, I had two transactions go off at Engen paying with a VC, now I need to wait a few days to see if the one has been automatically reversed before I can log a call

William1102

Couldn’t fully load FNB PW card on Samsung pay on my dads S9 , only option to verify was phone FNB and Apple Pay as well virtual card disappeared and no longer works and Apple Pay functionality disappeared from the app

Somethings messed up big time

krycor

Honorary Master
Yup.. tried to set up wife’s cards and all dead.

You can add the card manually but you don’t get the auth and the card is in an unauthorized stat which need to be verified telephonically.

Supercarfan

Virtual card on my credit card account. I think my subscriptions also do appear pretty soon after they happen, but haven’t really taken note.

Louis72

Expert Member
Where was that post about FNB implementing it the properway?

There you go Sir :ROFL: This is what happens when you make constant self congratulatory adverts…