Apple Pay South Africa

ace119

Anyone know of apps (preferably locally) that support Apple Pay ?

Think “Lyft” or “Bolt” does… my mate was telling me one of them support Apple Pay as a payment…. I haven’t tried myself tho!

I’m also looking for apps that support Apple Pay as well as e-commerce websites that support Apple Pay??

DarkStarZN

So I had this issue (series 0, original Apple Watch) with Discovery(before I killed the card), where post re-association & wipe (never delete you Apple Watch Bluetooth link) I could not get my card back on there.. kept telling me the watch needs to be upgraded or doesn’t work with it. Weird.

Then yesterday, I figured I’d try watch first and it’s working (for FNB).
Again, I'm not getting an error regarding software upgrades or any of that :p

I actually have already unpaired and re-paired my Watch, but no luck.

Louis72

Expert Member
Anyone noticing battery drain after using Apple Pay ?
Not at all. Notice a bigger battery drain having 2 cellular lines switched on. Most notable when Telkom is switched on. At home on Wi-Fi I turn that line off. Keep primary call line on.

With my older iPhone 7 I had battery drain issues on Vodacom and it suddenly disappeared going to MTN?

ace119

Not at all. Notice a bigger battery drain having 2 cellular lines switched on. Most notable when Telkom is switched on. At home on Wi-Fi I turn that line off. Keep primary call line on.

With my older iPhone 7 I had battery drain issues on Vodacom and it suddenly disappeared going to MTN?

Yea massive battery drain with both lines turned on actually! I was shocked

Never been in a 5G area long enough to test battery drain on a faster network…

Se@n

d1196601f383b82d64ae1a5387181ab2.jpg

fish_man

Expert Member
So I had this issue (series 0, original Apple Watch) with Discovery(before I killed the card), where post re-association & wipe (never delete you Apple Watch Bluetooth link) I could not get my card back on there.. kept telling me the watch needs to be upgraded or doesn’t work with it. Weird.

Then yesterday, I figured I’d try watch first and it’s working (for FNB).
Only Apple Watch Series 1 and later is compatible

SiR_BP

Went for dinner tonight… paid with Apple Pay with the linked Virtual Card. Transaction is no where to be found

And the coffee bought at Seattle on Tuesday is still not under pending!!

Got test messages and in app messages that the kidney has come off. And balance had changed… but no transaction!

Again, this is why I stopped using virtual cards!! They a ****!
Give it 2-3 days it will reflect. This is the biggest gripe I have with the VCs as well, the transactions not reflecting immediately

Tim_vb

Security and control. You’d ideally create one per site that stores card details for subscription or regular purposes. So say one for takealot, another for Spotify and another for Netflix.

If someone hacks into Netflix and makes off with your virtual card details, you destroy the card, create a new one and Netflix is happy again.

No need to wait for the bank to send you a new card in a few days, no need to go change every subscription and online service, no worries about scheduled transactions failing while your cards in limbo.

It reduces risk and admin.
AFIK Netflix doesn't store or process card details, that's the job of their card processor (Global Payments) who should be fully PCI DSS compliant and who's only reason for existing is processing payments without being compromised.

The other issue is that card on file (subscriptions) seem to break on most virtual cards - possibly because each bank implements VC's differently

ToxicCorra27

Anyone saw the email from FNB saying you can get 2500 Ebucks if your 1 of the first 1000 people to use ApplePay?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
AFIK Netflix doesn't store or process card details, that's the job of their card processor (Global Payments) who should be fully PCI DSS compliant and who's only reason for existing is processing payments without being compromised.

The other issue is that card on file (subscriptions) seem to break on most virtual cards - possibly because each bank implements VC's differently

Whoever stores the details then, but also then if your physical card gets stolen, breaks or just needs to be replaced there is still the reduced update admin.

Have not used the VC yet, but from what I have heard, FNB with its rolling CVV seems to be the only one causing repetitive issues.

I have heard/read lots of complaints with FNB, Netflix being on of them that each month the card fails and needs to be reloaded, but heard nothing along those lines about Discovery VC’s

The implementation, when done right, different or not should not affect the repeated use of an approved card.

FNB has been making a habit of playing FUBAR with all their innovations as of late

Charlesjjm

Whoever stores the details then, but also then if your physical card gets stolen, breaks or just needs to be replaced there is still the reduced update admin.

Have not used the VC yet, but from what I have heard, FNB with its rolling CVV seems to be the only one causing repetitive issues.

I have heard/read lots of complaints with FNB, Netflix being on of them that each month the card fails and needs to be reloaded, but heard nothing along those lines about Discovery VC’s

The implementation, when done right, different or not should not affect the repeated use of an approved card.

FNB has been making a habit of playing FUBAR with all their innovations as of late
My Netflix subscription is running off my Discovery VC for a few months now. I have not had a single issue.

Supercarfan

Anyone saw the email from FNB saying you can get 2500 Ebucks if your 1 of the first 1000 people to use ApplePay?
Also got the mail, but already got a notification on the app on Tuesday afternoon about that. Wonder if that means they really haven’t hit 1000 users yet.

Still waiting, but not sure if I will get it.
Well if they’re still sending mails out about it now, then it must surely mean there’s still a chance to be one of the first 1000. So if you don’t get anything their mails now could be seen as false advertising.

phlux

Also got the mail, but already got a notification on the app on Tuesday afternoon about that. Wonder if that means they really haven’t hit 1000 users yet.

Well if they’re still sending mails out about it now, then it must surely mean there’s still a chance to be one of the first 1000. So if you don’t get anything their mails now could be seen as false advertising.
I could be 100% mistaken, but I think that only applies to Credit Cards being used and not normal Debit cards. I saw something posted about that, ut cant recall where. If it was twitter, or some other site

ID_10_T

Must say kudos to FNB, business cards can be added from day one.
Absa business cards no luck........