Apple Pay South Africa

ace119

Yes, so who here has got the 2500 Ebucks

Not me…. Took a week or so to get the allocation from Discovery I believe. My boets with them…!

Also you have to have had a Virtual Card linked to Apple Pay! Or you won’t get the allocation…

ace119

Must say kudos to FNB, business cards can be added from day one.
Absa business cards no luck........

My sister in law couldn’t add her Gold Business account…?? Will ask her to try again this afternoon!

Louis72

Expert Member
The implementation, when done right, different or not should not affect the repeated use of an approved card.

FNB has been making a habit of playing FUBAR with all their innovations as of late
Leave it up to them to be the Only bank out of 4 banks to mess up a simple Apple Pay implementation :rolleyes:And 5 months late nogals.

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Gave this a test today, used my iPhone to buy some stuff at PnP and pour petrol at Engen via Apple Pay with FNB and worked effortlessly.

Looks like my cards will stay in my pocket from now on unless really needed, I will not leave them at home though, I don’t trust FNB to be smooth sailing until a few months time lol.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Gave this a test today, used my iPhone to buy some stuff at PnP and pour petrol at Engen via Apple Pay with FNB and worked effortlessly.

Looks like my cards will stay in my pocket from now on unless really needed, I will not leave them at home though, I don’t trust FNB to be smooth sailing until a few months time lol.

Never leave it at home, while it’s been rare, I have been to 3 places that still have tap disabled, hell today I had to swipe, they even had the chip disabled.

I have my card and Drivers on the back of my phone.

Louis72

Expert Member
Never leave it at home, while it’s been rare, I have been to 3 places that still have tap disabled, hell today I had to swipe, they even had the chip disabled.

Post Office comes to mind. First time that I have swiped my card in years!

Tim_vb

return the goods and walk out.... I find they suddenly remember how to enable tap to pay (hint push the yellow button on most machines)

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Yeah I got the email at 15:48 PM and went to get my car filled up at 16:29 PM so hopefully not too many people have added ApplePay yet by that time

I added my cheque and credit card first and then a VC by mid morning. I’d then used the Apple Pay VC about midday at Woolies a couple of hours before I got the email. I hope that counts.

Priapus

Executive Member

I always keep my card with me; because there might and have been some rare occasions where AP has not worked for me. The local petrol station being one of them.

ace119

And here I am still struggling to add it to my watch.

Think maybe being on the iOS15 beta has something to do with it?

Nope. I’m on the latest 15 public beta 3 or 4 now on my iPhone. iPad and Monterey beta MacBook. Not Apple Watch beta tho…. But AP is added to all my devices.

No issues.

ebendl

Expert Member
I activated it on FNB earlier this week but only had chance to use it yesterday and today.
I've Apple Paid
- Engen for petrol (phone)
- Engen Woolies quickshop (Watch)
- coffee (Watch) and lunch (phone)
- local tuisnywerheid (Watch)

Worked perfectly every time and dare I say seems more responsive than my physical card.

Also interesting that I wasn't asked for a pin once (and petrol was close to R1000).