Apple Pay South Africa

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I'm on-board. However while they're still requiring vendors to upload their catalogue via excel, I don't think there's much hope.

Considering the amount of mistakes and how worthless the search is, are we actually sure that’s not simply how TA stores their catalogue?

1 sheet for each category. Lol

ebendl

Expert Member
Given their target demographic, I am not even sure it’s on their list. Look how long it took just to get an iOS app. Their primary user base does not own iPhones
True.

I "need" another card since FNB penalises me when I buy stuff at other petrol stations (other than Engen). So I've been using my Tyme card with good success at the local MBT, but now I literally have to carry my wallet with me just for the card - I have gotten very used to using the Apple watch .

So speculating if I should just go and open up the cheapest Discovery Bank account.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
True.

I "need" another card since FNB penalises me when I buy stuff at other petrol stations (other than Engen). So I've been using my Tyme card with good success at the local MBT, but now I literally have to carry my wallet with me just for the card - I have gotten very used to using the Apple watch .

So speculating if I should just go and open up the cheapest Discovery Bank account.

My phone and wallet are the same thing. Got a card cover that takes 2 cards one of which is always my drivers license. Have not had my wallet on me since AP launched.

Love apple pay on my watch - have been able to totally ditch my wallet now also. But is there any way to make it less awkward when you're paying with the watch.

For example, with the phone I kind of just hold it out and say "can I tap" and cashiers seems to instantly get it and send the transaction to the card terminal.

However with my watch it's a little more awkward because I'm not holding anything, so there's a brief moment where they don't know how I am going to pay. And then I kind of awkwardly point to my watch and say "can I tap" but it just seems to work less fluidly then with the phone lol, socially that is.

Wondering how people are handling this :laugh:

epah

Expert Member
Love apple pay on my watch - have been able to totally ditch my wallet now also. But is there any way to make it less awkward when you're paying with the watch.

For example, with the phone I kind of just hold it out and say "can I tap" and cashiers seems to instantly get it and send the transaction to the card terminal.

However with my watch it's a little more awkward because I'm not holding anything, so there's a brief moment where they don't know how I am going to pay. And then I kind of awkwardly point to my watch and say "can I tap" but it just seems to work less fluidly then with the phone lol, socially that is.

simply tell them you are paying with a card. thats what i do..

i have seen people using their phones and they look like such idiots having to pull down their masks struggling to unlock their phones and holding up the whole queue.

3WA

Honorary Master

Just say "I'd like to tap". Then tap that. Then pay for whatever you're buying.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member

I just grab the speedpoint, but also notice since the pandemic they sort of assume you going to use your card so.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
simply tell them you are paying with a card. thats what i do..

i have seen people using their phones and they look like such idiots having to pull down their masks struggling to unlock their phones and holding up the whole queue.

I usually prepare my phone while they ringing up the last stuff. Waste no time. :)