Apple Pay South Africa

ToxicCorra27

Just do what the bored people do, sign X or VOID…

That signature is in not required in any way shape or form, you could draw a to scale picture of your Johnson and the banks not going to give a ****, yo watch, yo problem.
Yeah true, it's just dumb.

I mean if I swiped my card I do not have to sign anything.

neoprema

Executive Member
Does ABSA support business cards too? I'm trying to add a business card and it says your bank does not support Apple Pay.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Anyone else here using Apple Pay at Checkers then needs to sign a slip before leaving?
Yeah it happens when it's over a certain amount for me, and it's not one of those "No signature required" lines on the slip. They want your signature.

Really not sure what they're hoping to compare it to and they really don't care what you scribble there.

ToxicCorra27

Yeah it happens when it's over a certain amount for me, and it's not one of those "No signature required" lines on the slip. They want your signature.

Really not sure what they're hoping to compare it to and they really don't care what you scribble there.
Nobody has ever taken my Card and look at the signature to compare it. I have not been adding my signature to the card for the last 3 Years.

epah

Expert Member
049abf5816f9500859c468828f57a2eb.jpg

I guess I had missed the first wave of the gravy train. Only getting my FNB ebucks now.

Pho3nix

The Legend
We've had some Standard Bank customers in our office get notifications that they can load their cards onto Apple Pay. Any others here received the same and were able to do so? Have asked the bank for comment.

Where did they get the notification?

Standard Bank still not listed on Apple Pay support site.
22ce0f417bb99704da7be0ae2c5c2d42.jpg

epah

Expert Member
We've had some Standard Bank customers in our office get notifications that they can load their cards onto Apple Pay. Any others here received the same and were able to do so? Have asked the bank for comment.
Well let them start testing and let us know if it works.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Tried it at Toys R Us and didn't work. Machine asked for me to insert the card. I'll try it again later

Edit : Working
147c9a606bb15b1f9d69bbf024005555.jpg

Last edited: