Apple Pay South Africa

Bobby01

Very interesting....

Got the below (new) error when trying to add a Discovery Credit Card. Never got this error before which means it must be activated, maybe they must just 'flick the switch' for which cards can be added.

Also, Apple is apparently making a big announcement tonight (linked), and if its anything software related, they might release an update to enable Apple Pay in our region (along with their announcement addition).

We must be so close to getting it!!

Discovery card.PNG

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Very interesting....

Got the below (new) error when trying to add a Discovery Credit Card. Never got this error before which means it must be activated, maybe they must just 'flick the switch' for which cards can be added.

Also, Apple is apparently making a big announcement tonight (linked), and if its anything software related, they might release an update to enable Apple Pay in our region (along with their announcement addition).

We must be so close to getting it!!

View attachment 993140

That's the same message I got when I tried to add my Discovery credit card at the weekend.

Bobby01

That's the same message I got when I tried to add my Discovery credit card at the weekend.

Damn. Hoping it was a step foward. Never got that error on the weekend. Using a platinum account.

Also, were you ever able to scan the card (instead of typing it in manually) considering its a vertical card ? Wasn't scanning vertical cards when I tried previously, but today it did. Could have been the lighting thou...

PeterPan420

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Damn. Hoping it was a step foward. Never got that error on the weekend. Using a platinum account.

Also, were you ever able to scan the card (instead of typing it in manually) considering its a vertical card ? Wasn't scanning vertical cards when I tried previously, but today it did. Could have been the lighting thou...

It scanned the vertical card both times no problem. Just never picked up the same one letter in my name both times so I inserted that manually.

Dave

Honorary Master
It scanned the vertical card both times no problem. Just never picked up the same one letter in my name both times so I inserted that manually.

Spizz, have you got your U.K. card loaded?

ECHLN

Seeing a lot of guesses when the update will come out. Some say today or tomorrow and others say next Tuesday. I think the delay might be caused by the iPhone 12 screen flickering bug that many are reporting on r/iPhone and stutters and force closes being report on r/iOS on the 14.4 Beta.