Apple Pay South Africa

Priapus

Executive Member
So what’s the business use case for a bank who’s target market are low income earners, to support ApplePay, a facility only available on devices that the vast majority of their users cannot afford?

Their app is quite clean and very user friendly and it supports exactly what their users need, unlike FNB whose app is confusing, clunky, slow and all around ****.

**** capitec had virtual card before FNB, and unlike FNB they did not disable half the credit cards in the country when rolling it out.

FNB has practically make launching broken stuff a marketing strategy.

I concur; that if their target market is that of users who don't have a need for these things; then it makes complete sense.

It's still a digital wallet...

Lol yeah yet it's much faster in a restaurant where you don't have to wait for the waiter to bring out the card machine etc. etc.

It's hardly the same thing. Go to PnP and pay via MP and tell me that is convenient or even useful.
Also.. you can just ask for your bill, and card machine at the same time; you know this right? And you "etc etc" is is "That's the only counter point I have" - got it.

Capitec has always said they bring out solutions in-line with their addressable market, you’re judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree.

That’s why Capitec clients aren’t losing their minds over not having Apple Pay unlike when FNB didn’t implement it.

Yeah; that's fair enough. I get it. @backstreetboy has such a hard on for Capitec, it's fun triggering him with it.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Don’t kid yourself, AP is faster because it verifies on the device.
Again this is a self imposed problem, you can just ask for the card machine with the bill, you know instead of getting the bill then saying oh btw I’m paying by card.
The less I speak to people the better. They bring the bill that I scan and I just walk out. Easy

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
It's hardly the same thing. Go to PnP and pay via MP and tell me that is convenient or even useful.
Also.. you can just ask for your bill, and card machine at the same time; you know this right? And you "etc etc" is is "That's the only counter point I have" - got it.

Yeah; that's fair enough. I get it. @backstreetboy has such a hard on for Capitec, it's fun triggering him with it.
Still a digital wallet I use on my smart device.

William1102

Anyone get a message , card not eligible for Apple Pay on standard bank , have tap to pay and online purchase support and even going into the app says no eligible cards for Apple Pay

It’s actually my moms card

3Gee

Expert Member
Anyone get a message , card not eligible for Apple Pay on standard bank , have tap to pay and online purchase support and even going into the app says no eligible cards for Apple Pay

It’s actually my moms card

Made another payment today with Standard Bank , no issues.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Had to cancel my Standard Bank CC. Surprised to see everything automatically updated on Apple Pay with the new card while I wait for the physical one to be delivered

c7b2a1ca1e15b1c99b32277027ce4e9c.jpg

genetic

Honorary Master
Had to cancel my Standard Bank CC. Surprised to see everything automatically updated on Apple Pay with the new card while I wait for the physical one to be delivered

c7b2a1ca1e15b1c99b32277027ce4e9c.jpg

Bank cards are virtual and can instantly be created (hence virtual CC's in your banking app). If you wanted to you could link a virtual card to Apple Pay too.

Your bank card is just a hardware token to a digital card.

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Used my Std Bank linked at Spar and KTM successfully, the Apple store said don’t try cause of a R5k limit and it didn’t work at Checkers Castle Gate now. Luckily had Waller on me still which seams the way to go until it works flawlessly.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Used my Std Bank linked at Spar and KTM successfully, the Apple store said don’t try cause of a R5k limit and it didn’t work at Checkers Castle Gate now. Luckily had Waller on me still which seams the way to go until it works flawlessly.

What 5k limit, people have posted paying in excess of 20k